Slee gunstocks (pictorial)

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Slee gunstocks (pictorial)

Post by trevort »

I visited Geoff on wednesday afternoon to take some photos for those interested. We discussed the fact the we bemoan that he has no website or catalogue but as he is a one man show he simply wouldn't have the time (or interest in keeping one up to date)

Firstly, here is an idea of his range of patterns

the first day I visited with Ogre we simply pulled them out and looked for what we wanted.

Well he is famous for his roo shooter special.

these two are in Laminate and unfinished (as you get if you order by phone, from memory its $200 plus GST. I have bought one of these stocks in a fancy grade walnut but as its for a light varmint he has inletted mine for a lighter barrel profile and narrowed the forend.

Target shooters want to see what he has to offer. Excuse the photography, as a photograper i am great Financial Planner

These are purely pattern blanks which he would inlet for your action/barrel

He tells me stock patterns arent patent but in the same token he doesnt want to rub anyones nose in it. The names of the stocks that these are copied from are written on the other side. You might see one name I got inadvertently but you will know doubt recognise some patterns

these two are my personal favourites and one will likely feature on the heavy 204 Shane will build soon (yes the VT is going on the market)

Here is a smaller thumbhole pattern for s/a sakos

And for military rifle fans wanting to do a restoration

Now many of you out there are keen handymen and will have no problems finishing a stock. Well there are also some like me who would destroy a piece of high grade walnut. Geoff doesnt just machine blanks. He is a craftsman. If you have the coin he will give you the fully finished product. When Shane retuns my 'light varmint' thumbhole after bedding it, Geoff will fully finish it including fitting pad and chequering.

Here are some examples of his finished work

I found this interesting, a shotgunner who has lost the sight in one eye but wants to continue firing from the same shoulder had this provided as the solution

I think I mentioned his walnut laminate before. He has sold the first four blanks to a guy who is building four big game rifles for an African trip. The first one is not fully finished requiring one or 2 more rub downs and coats. Looks good nevertheless. The foreend cap and grip cap are buffalo horn. Its hard to see this is laminate and not actual walnut. You will see the crossbolts fitted.

here is the guys next rifle still on the machine. You will see the square lump of unfinished horn. Its clamped in here while the glue dries

Well its not a comprehensive article on every single thing he does and it sure isnt a glossy catalogue or website. If you want to visit he will be pleasant if you are fair dinkum and will happily talk about his craft. He did tell me it disappoints him he cant find anyone who wants to come in and learn the craft so if you know a young bloke keen on woodwork!

I pass him every Wednesday though if I am busy I go up before he's open and return after he's closed. I am not offering to be a courier service but happy to help members within reason. My trips take me to Albury once a month too.

Hope this is useful
Sam Walker
.222 Remington

Post by Sam Walker »

Good work Trevort !! the photos are a great help - I'm 600km east of Darwin so it's not easy to pop in to see Geoff :)
thanks for taking the time to get the pics,
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Thanks for that Trevort you are a legend!
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

Good on ya Trevort,

I dunno why people rave about the american stocks when we have Geoff right here in Australia :roll: He is local, priced well and delivers an excellent product......beats me :?
We are indeed lucky to have him :D

KY
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

Thanks trevort

I have wanted to see his stocks for ages but out here without a website or someone like yourself it has been impossible.

really appreciate your effort
Dave.223
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmBR

Post by Dave.223 »

Nice one Trev. You've captured a good variety there. I just need to go and look for myself now and pick one. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
Archfile
.17 HMR

Post by Archfile »

thanks, great job

PM sitting for you too
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

Hey Trev,

Well with the work you have put into this thread i dont think Geoff needs a website anymore. great pics thanks
alpal
.17 HMR

Post by alpal »

Trev,
Fabulous article mate, excellent pic's to, very helpful, and you may have sold more than one stock for Geoff as I was thinking about building a stock for my howa .223, but @ $200.00 for one of Geoff's why bother?
Thanks very much.
Regards Alpal
Predator

Post by Predator »

kickinback wrote:Hey Trev,

Well with the work you have put into this thread i dont think Geoff needs a website anymore. great pics thanks
I think a proper website would be beneficial...

These stocks look great!
Col. Pogy

Post by Col. Pogy »

It was wonderful to look at such outstanding work! Makes an old rifle shooter want to start looking at stock blanks and plotting! pogy
Mevo2230
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 9.3*62

Post by Mevo2230 »

Will you be able to give me a contact number, sadly the stock on my SMLE is cracking up and he looks like he makes top replacements for the originals.
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

Mevo

His details are:
Geoff Slee Gunstocks
Factory - 4/9 Park St. Bacchus Marsh, Vic 3340
03 53677282

Regards
Colin
point blank

Post by point blank »

A much needed report Trev..saw the profile I want, AT LAST :)
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Thats fantastic Trev, thanks for posting all that info.

Now how much do you want for the VT of yours? .204 isn't it? :wink: