History of the 500m fly

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
spindrift
Favourite Cartridge: 6x47L

History of the 500m fly

Post by spindrift »

hello precision shooters can you all contribute to how the fly shoot came about and any old scores, After canberra i have been working on the 500m fly website. I see that ACT benchrest has put the 2010 results up do you guys want to keep using this or a specific 500m fly site let me know
festa874
Favourite Cartridge: 243

Re: History of the 500m fly

Post by festa874 »

Hi Spindrift,
A specific Fly site would be good to give us a bit of our own identity. I have only been shooting fly a couple of years so I am unable to help with any history or results in relation to the 500m. But if you would like I am sure I will be able to dig up some results from the past couple of 300m Fly's that we have been running at Leeton.

Cheers
Festa
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

ask Jim Mcginley
Jugs

Post by Jugs »

Spindrift

I am all for a specific Fly web page.

Calendars results etc.

As for history annie was keeping the old page going until 12 18 months ago so she will have the majority of the history and then I am sure we can rattle a few old reloading benches to get some of the blanks filled in

Jugs
john mc
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x47

Post by john mc »

Hello Jugs can you tell me the date in november for the fly shoot at little river
i would like to get in early and nominate for that shoot and also for the
super shoot that is on at little river on the 3rd and 4th november
john mc :rifle: :rifle:
dg
25/06 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6x47 lapua

Post by dg »

Speaking of Canberra fly history, some people may remember when competitors had the chance to take home a new rifle following a draw at the end of the match. Thankyou Commercial Marketing for this initial sponsorship :D :D

Also a significant monetary prize (of $1000 - $2000 maybe more, but don’t quote me ??) was offered to the first person to hit 5 flies on 1 target .

This was around the time that the actual size of the fly was reduced on the target :) :) ,and in the BN days (before Night Force) and BWF days (before decent wind flags)

Given the significant income that the fly matches have generated for the canberra club over many years, i wonder if they would still honour this initial agreement if five flies are hit ???

Ah the memories!!!

Cheers
Dave g
jimbo
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6 PPC

Post by jimbo »

trevort wrote:ask Jim Mcginley
Or even Jim McKinley
trevort
Spud Gun