When does seaham open?

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
tikka223

When does seaham open?

Post by tikka223 »

Want to try out my first reloads :D
cheers
tikka
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: When does seaham open?

Post by stinkitup »

Mate check out the calendar here

http://colgarv.com/SSAA.php
tikka223

Post by tikka223 »

thankyou for the link.
It says "The Range opens by 8.00am each Saturday for any firearm covered by the ‘A & B Categories", is it open anydays during the week?
cheers
tikka
Muz

Post by Muz »

Unfortunately Saturdays only for Centrefire...it does open 2 sundays a month but rimfire only.
And as this is one of the only centrefire ranges in the lower Hunter and the only one with a decent benchline it is always busy...

Best times to get there is before 07:30 and reserve a bench early or lob in around 10ish once the early morning crowd finishes up. from about 2:00 onwards there are less people if you prefer the arvo...

Oh and dont talk during the tape... you'll know what I mean once you've been there.

Good luck with the handloads
tikka223

Post by tikka223 »

thankyou
I have been there once before for around 2 hours and memorised the tape by the end. :lol:
cessnock range is only 2 minutes away but only has the one bench, which is used for sighting in so you dont get a long session on there before someone needs to use it.
cheers
tikka
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Post by RDavies »

Tikka, the Cessnock club will still be OK for you. Just shoot belly benchrest, lay down on a supplied mat with the benchrest or bipod you would normaly use. Nice and laid back on Wednesday shoots, usualy a few spare targets. Wednesdays are 100yds only ( Hunter District Hunting Club), but you can still use your 223 on Saturdays to shoot longer distances( Cessnock Rifle Club or West Wallsend Rifle club). 1st Saturday of February is a 300yd shoot.