Heavy Gun Bargain!

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Heavy Gun Bargain!

Post by a.JR »

Hi all , Saw this on a US site , Has to be the best deal i have seen for years.. Complete Heavy Gun ,best of gear is only $4000 US .. Christ some pay more for a rifle because it has the word Tactical on the price sticker..If someone from OZ doesn't buy this they are bloody mad..JR..Jeff Rogers
JHardy_2.jpg
(83.94 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
Brett33
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 260

Re: Heavy Gun Bargain!

Post by Brett33 »

If it is in the US, good luck getting it out of the US.

Last I heard exporting custom builds was virtually impossible because the builder needs to licenced with the US state department and none are.

We had Bill Calfee all lined up to fit a barrel to a action and export Barreled action, could not do it, ended up getting the action bare, the barrel is still comming and I am fitting it all up.

I could be wrong, if it is cheep somebody might want to try.

Brett
Sir osis
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by Sir osis »

Sorry wrong area.
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

Shame to see this gun go. Hardy sells this to move into prone teams shooting? Gotta be a female in that mix somewhere.

If i was still into long range, this gun would be mine. No issue getting it into the country as i understand it. Just time and patience. Jeff this one is a nicer bit of gear than the last one from Shehane with these Breuhay stands included in the price. That works out to about $3000 US for the rifle. What is a 10 x 2 BAT worth to buy here? This is a steal.

Jethro Bodine, Loose Cannon.
Marco
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 7.62x39

Post by Marco »

YUCK !!! :shock: :shock: it looks like a piece of 5x2" wood that has a machined recess for a barrelled action and then painted red... looks like its a rifle made by a government commity.... YUCK YUCK :( :(

im not going to say its POS but it sure as hell looks like one
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

Not my cup of tea........................................atm but can appreciate it for what it is and that is a pretty good bit of gear.

Regards Chris.
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Post by a.JR »

Hey Marco, I see it's your first post in the competition section, good start....JR
Marco wrote:YUCK !!! :shock: :shock: it looks like a piece of 5x2" wood that has a machined recess for a barrelled action and then painted red... looks like its a rifle made by a government commity.... YUCK YUCK :( :(

im not going to say its POS but it sure as hell looks like one
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

The red bits are machined, polished and anodized aluminium billet while the black bits on the bottom and side of the stock are Corian runners that track on the Cordura bags and are as slick and consistent as it gets. The big solid black bit on top is a machined aluminum barrel block that has been black anodized. The action is a 10 x 2 inch BAT that is all stainless steel. The only wood that this gun has anything to do with is the trophies it has won for the owner. It may be ugly in appearance but this is about as good as it gets in terms of what works at 1K. There are no prizes given out for the prettiest gun and at this level if you set out to build a "pretty" HG, it probably won't do what it is supposed to..
The only thing wrong with this gun is the choice of 338 Lapua something improved. But the second bolt is a standard magnum bolt face so 300 AI is beckoning for whoever ends up with it.

Loose Cannon Bodine.
Sam Walker
.222 Remington

Post by Sam Walker »

a.JR wrote:Hey Marco, I see it's your first post in the competition section, good start....JR
:shock: :lol:
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Post by a.JR »

I have found a connection in the US with prices to ship this to AUST,also someone here to handle our side of it.. PM if you want the details....JR..Jeff Rogers
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Post by RDavies »

HHMMMMMM Beutiful rifle. I just wish we had some place to use it in my area With the exchange rate, it is about the same price as a March Scope.
spindrift
Favourite Cartridge: 6x47L

Post by spindrift »

what site is this rifle on for the information ???? i might give it a crack to get it out
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

It has been already tried to get it out here. It was all teed up with SC and the guy decided that it was too much trouble his end to ship it out. Not really the case because all he had to do was ship to SCs exporter and the rest would be done. He has to ship it somewhere i guess.