Tactical lights

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: Tactical lights

Post by stinkitup »

Thats disappointing, I have had Deal Xtreme purchases delivered in around a week or less, perhaps its out of stock or you've got caught with it going out of stock during the sale.
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

kjd wrote:W many days would you have had a wolfeyes now? Hehehehe

14 days :D
fenring

Post by fenring »

I think my DX order took about 10 days or thereabouts.

For free shipping from China I'm happy to wait.

As for their actual torches, you'd need to sort the wheat from the chaff with them - some are no doubt shit while some are probably good for the $$ (like all Chinese stuff.....).

My batteries and mount etc came from there, but not the Eagletac torch.
badger74

Post by badger74 »

I know, I know. When this finally arrives, if its a POS, it will be Wolfeyes for me.
When you stop and think about it. Im prepared to blow $100 or so at the Melb cup and maybe another $100 on beer over the weekend, but try to save a few bucks on a torch that will get plenty of work..doesn't really add up does it? :?:
MAWLER

Post by MAWLER »

^ A point I make to my car buddies all the time, they piss away a couple of hundred bucks each week and then complain they have nothing to spend on the car!
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

badger74 wrote:
I know, I know. When this finally arrives, if its a POS, it will be Wolfeyes for me.
When you stop and think about it. Im prepared to blow $100 or so at the Melb cup and maybe another $100 on beer over the weekend, but try to save a few bucks on a torch that will get plenty of work..doesn't really add up does it? :?:
Nope, it doesn't add up, but you are like most shooters, will spend $25 in petrol to drive to another gunshop
to save $5 off a case of ammo.

That's just the way it is.

Ordered 3 torches from Wolf Eyes, got them all next day WITH the Tape Switch and charger as part of the package
and then got the mounts. ready to go the next day plus warranty available here. I prefer to spend my time other than trying to save a few $$$ all the time and just buy something that is a KNOWN quantity.

FYI, I ordered stuff (mounts) from dealxtreme, took 10 - 15 days in total as I just wanted to try them
to see what they were like.

Just my POV.
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Plowboy »

Has anyone tried a cree light? I was looking at some LED laser lights today and they use a cree chip in them. I found a cree light on ebay complete with the remote switch.
badger74

Post by badger74 »

Plowboy wrote:Has anyone tried a cree light? I was looking at some LED laser lights today and they use a cree chip in them. I found a cree light on ebay complete with the remote switch.
Im not torch expert, but I've got a couple of new LED torches, and as far as I know the standard now is pretty much Cree.
If you want to research the full technicalities, follow the links at the start of this thread. There are guys out there who absolutely live this shit.
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag

Post by Plowboy »

Yeah i had a look at those forums.... shit and I thought talking hunting and fishin was a bit geeky! Anyhoo it was actually a Ultrafire torch, but the guts was cree.
badger74

Post by badger74 »

Well Finally! I opened the letter box last night ready for yet another disapointment, but to my delight, there was a lovely little yellow package wainting there for me.
I had received my charger, batteries and Scope mount the week earlier, and apparently the torch was on back order. So now after nearly 6 weeks, so say I was excited was an understatement. I had a good look over it, and all seemed very well made. all threads are welll cut, and o ring seals every where they are needed. It has a glass lense and came with both a clicky tailcap switch and a pressure pad on a coiled wire.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16847
Thankfully, I has already charged the batteries, so it was simply a matter of time for it to get dark enough to give the torch a go. (Damn this Victorian day light savings). At least Top Gear then Man V Wild was on the telly to pass the time!
Anyway, finally it was dark enough to see what this $30 Deal Extreme torch could do. I strapped it to my piece of sh1t tasco mounted to my cheap as crap TOZ .22,(Im seeing a pattern here) and proceded to light up the grass area outside my shed.
I live in a semi rural part of melbourne, so ive got clear views for about 100m, and this cheapo chinese torch will easily light up a rabbit at that distance and more. It came with the pressure pad switch, which I taped to the forend of the stock, and it works a treat.
I haven't used a wolfeyes to compare, but for rimfire shooting out to 100m, this thing will work great.
Im due to use it in the field in two weeks, so I'll let you know how it goes.
BTW, while I was waiting for this to arrive, I got impatient, and ordered this,
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22934 Its supposed to throw really well, so I'll do a comparison when it arrives.
fenring

Post by fenring »

I've been thinking about one of those recoil throwers just for shits and giggles.
Matthook
Favourite Cartridge: .17

Post by Matthook »

500Nitro wrote:
MISSED wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah the old maglites are poor by comparison.
Hunting by torch at night is a lot of fun but not when it starts to rain :lol: :lol:
Enjoy your torch mate and save up for a Sea lion,As soon a s my Kidney grows back that is what I am going for,

The Sea Lion is awesome.

Ill second That!
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag

Post by Plowboy »

Do wolfeyes lights have remote switches that you can attach to the rifle for hands free on off?
MAWLER

Post by MAWLER »

If you define 'hands free' as a pressure switch tape that goes down to the forend, then yes they do.
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag

Post by Plowboy »

Yep that's what I meant! Thanks mate. Now just wanting to get more of an idea about the range of these things. I suppose there is no set way of saying how far out you can see with them but how far out would most people with good vision and a mid range scope be comfortable taking shots at a rabbit? I have been looking at a LED lenser torch but still looking at other options and brands. Thinking that it could be handy for mounting on the rifle to use for the shot rather than the big light. Would do the searching with the powabeam and switch to the tac light for the shot. Thinking that the tac light may not spook the rabbits as much as the powabeam. Would also be good for getting those little buggers hangin around the house yard and maybe try this walking thing, seems to be fun.