Digital Calipers/ Verniers

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Re: Digital Calipers/ Verniers

Post by Dr G »

I bought my Mitutoyo digital calipers about 10 years ago to measure spider leg segments while doing some work that required morphometric analysis. This requires tens of thousands of measurements and so the set I got came with a cable that plugged into my computer and allowed me to automatically download the data. Unfortunately I cant find the cable any more but the calipers have been invaluable over the years.

Past experience has shown me that you get what you pay for but with cnc machinery in use worldwide this seems to be becomeing less of a rule, more just a guideline.

Glad the ones you bought are doing the job Grimo, because at the end of the day thats what counts.

Dr G
kurcha
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 338 edge

Post by kurcha »

oh no i just bought a kingcrome today fark 90 bucks :oops:
surferdoc26
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by surferdoc26 »

Got my digital caliper from jaycar posted for $31.55 1 month ago and it seem to be pretty accurate, I saw a similar one at Bunnings last week selling for just $21! with extra batteries!
philw

Post by philw »

I picked up a set Blue Point Digital Calipers (Snap On Tools )

got them off eBay a few months ago for around $60
surferdoc26

Post by surferdoc26 »

got my second Digital Caliper from ALDI its $ 19.95 and its stainless, so much better than the plastic one I got from Jaycar electronics
Rumpus
.17 HMR

Post by Rumpus »

Still using the old verniers and micro from my mech days.. If ya know how to use them they are just as quick and I know they hold true..
HUNTERDELUX
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: .17rem and 204ruger

Post by HUNTERDELUX »

Have just got a digital caliper vernier off ebay delivered to my door from Hong Kong for $16, bought these for my father who doesn't require absolute accuracy, tested these against my Mitutoyo digital calipers and found the cheepie being close to perfect and are very well made, even came with a spare battery, good value for money.