Vortex Tactical Scope..

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Vortex Tactical Scope..

Post by Ackley Improved »

Rath
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .308

Re: Vortex Tactical Scope..

Post by Rath »

Hey AI,

I'm watching this closely, It's about to be put through the ringer by the Lowlight and the guys at Rifles Only. If it's as good as some are suggesting I may trade the USO for it.

35mm Tube is an interesting choice. As for price, it can be had for US$1999

Rath
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Rath wrote:Hey AI,

I'm watching this closely, It's about to be put through the ringer by the Lowlight and the guys at Rifles Only. If it's as good as some are suggesting I may trade the USO for it.

35mm Tube is an interesting choice. As for price, it can be had for US$1999

Rath
Mate

Check out what the Premier can be had for...... and it appears it is not double turn elevation... that money, thats what I would want!

Cheers
Rath
.222 Remington

Post by Rath »

Mate the vortex is multipal turn, 5 mils per rev all the way to 36 mils with a ZS so you cant get lost. How do the clicks on your premier feel? I put an enquiry about a trade for the USO and I got a bunch of people contacting me to swap their premiers! It shocked me actually. On more investigation it seems a lot of premiers have had to go back in to sort out a problem with the "mushy" feel of the clicks.

The good news is that once the scopes have returned they have been perfect and premier 100% stands by their product and customer service is excellent from all reports.

have you compared the clicks on the PH to the S&B? I would be interested in your opinion on the diff?
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Mate

The clicks on the Premier were good! defined and on every 10th, slightly harder so you dont have to watch the turret, you can do it by feel!

Cheers
Rath
.222 Remington

Post by Rath »

Yea it's obviously not every PH that has click issues,glad yours is fine. Did you know the MTC technology used in the PH clicks is owned (patent) by USO?

When we get the call from Shane will have to run the S&B, USO and PH side by side and do a pro's and cons for each.

Maybe I'll sell some gear and the Vortex will be included in that! Should just about cover the high end scope market aside from NF.

Cheers,
Rath
Trev
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270wsm

Post by Trev »

I will supply an NXS for the comparison.

Thats a hefty price for that scope, that will be near on $4000 Aussie dollars.
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Plowboy »

Where is it made??? My crossfire is from China and would not be paying that much for Chinese.
Rath
.222 Remington

Post by Rath »

Japan, same factory as nightforce, or so I'm lead to believe.
Trev
.223 Remington

Post by Trev »

I doubt Japan

I would bet on Indonesia, my Vipers have Indonesia underneath. I know the crossfires are Chinese, not sure about the Diamondbacks, most likely China as well.
Rath
.222 Remington

Post by Rath »

Trev wrote:I doubt Japan

I would bet on Indonesia, my Vipers have Indonesia underneath. I know the crossfires are Chinese, not sure about the Diamondbacks, most likely China as well.
I can confirm these are made in Japan.

Rath
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Post by adamjp »

For the money I'll take another brand thanks....something made a bit closer to the Austrian Alps perhaps.

I have quite a few good Japanese scopes, and some reasonable American scopes but my best scopes come from Germany/Austria.
Trev
.223 Remington

Post by Trev »

Rath

That would mean they would have three manufacturing plants. If you are correct about Japan, then it would seem likely they have piggy backed onto another companies production. Wouldn't seem plausible to start another plant to produce to tactical range.

Can you find out more about them and if they are produced in the Nightforce place, then I wonder who is building em. Bloody hell, they could all come out of the Bushnell plant..
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Trev wrote:Rath

That would mean they would have three manufacturing plants. If you are correct about Japan, then it would seem likely they have piggy backed onto another companies production. Wouldn't seem plausible to start another plant to produce to tactical range.

Can you find out more about them and if they are produced in the Nightforce place, then I wonder who is building em. Bloody hell, they could all come out of the Bushnell plant..
I can tell you that most scope brands come from the same factory. Nightforce does not own the manufacturing plant but rather contracts a company to make the scope. Vortex does this so does Weaver, tasco, bushnell etc etc. That is pretty common knowledge.
Dave.223
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmBR

Post by Dave.223 »

I'm another who would say no thanks to this one. For the money I'd be going elsewhere.