Canberra weekend.

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
petevm

Re: Canberra weekend.

Post by petevm »

Seems to me that insufficient congratulations are offered to young Mitchell Tallar. This 16 year old gave all of us a real flogging using a relatively low-powered cartridge (30-06 Ackley) and here we sit (hopefully) humbled. In my own case I know that I got seriously thrashed as I shot both classes and finished nowhere. My wife Lee-Anne got a personal best with 5th in LG and beat me in the process. First-timer Andrew Watkins pulled in 4th in LG and is a name to be watched! But back to the main reason for my being on-line --- BIG Congrats to Mitchell Tallar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Post by Ackley Improved »

Mitchell Tallar did very well I must say in conditions like we had, 200 score is pretty impressive. It also shows huge horsepower is not needed.. 30-06AI did the trick.. if your reading it, you'll win!

Pete, you let the Dasher crew down..... :mrgreen: Bit of nasty wind souldnt make you pack it up!!!!

Cheers
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

Ackley Improved wrote:....It also shows huge horsepower is not needed.. 30-06AI did the trick....
From memory team Tallar use a Mauser action (Mark X) and it makes you seriously wonder about Custom actions.

Young mitch flogged everyone at the last State rim fire titles also. He must have a good set of eyes.

Well done Mitch.

Regards

Sean
Whitty
Favourite Cartridge: .222

Post by Whitty »

Congratulations to Mitchell, that was out standing shooting in very trying conditions.
Congrats go to Murray Hicks as well on his LG win and 4th in HG. Great shooting.

Shooting in the conditions we had on Saturday was certainly "interesting". I think everyone that finished the day deserved a pat on the back (and a shot of rum!). Those that went back for seconds on Sunday must be masochists :lol:, you deserve a bottle of rum.

Cheers,
Shaun
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

Well been flat out since getting back from Canberra.
Mitchell Tallar great effort and an excellent result, he has been working hard at his shooting for a few years now and has been improving steadily, now he has reaped the reward of those efforts and I dont think its the last time we will see him in the winners lists ... Well done Mitchell.
As for the rest anyone that hit paper was pretty happy on Saturday and Sunday at the 1000yd was just a wild old ride .. maybe next time round we will see some better conditions and results.
For the Forum members that had there first try Blowmeup & Stinkitup guys you picked a pretty ordinary day dont let the results from Saturday put you off.
Thanks to Jim and the Canberra crew for putting on the shoot and to Pete Van Muers for sponsoring it great work all round.
See you all at Batemans Bay
Muz

Post by Muz »

Congratulations Mitchell!!!

They were some of the worst conditions we've ever seen for a fly shoot.

A big thanks to the organisers Jim, Dave, Mick and others especially the target crew who had to endure the worst of the conditions changing our targets while we huddled for shelter at the firing line and complained about the cold. I think on the odd occassion some of us were close to breaching rule 10! But regardless of the conditions everyone was in relatively good spirits.

Certainly one to remember!

Pbase is down at the moment - so I'll load the photo's I took as soon as they fix the problems with the site and I can upload images... stay tuned

Cheers

Muz
Muz

Post by Muz »