Eagletac T100C2 torch - walkabout setup

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Re: Eagletac T100C2 torch - walkabout setup

Post by kjd »

I know what you mean mate!
Love my gadgets!
fenring

Post by fenring »

There are a number of full, technical reviews out there with beamshots etc. I don't pretend to understand all of the techy aspects.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho ... p?t=239366

http://light-reviews.com/eagletac_t100c2/

It looks as though the Eagletac store is already out of these lights - that should give an idea how sought after they are. :lol:
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

SWIPER wrote:
kjd wrote:It would be interesting to see them side by side. It's not just the lumens but how it uses the light (spot or flood etc)

I know, one thing that sold me on the Wolfeyes was no black spots in the beam. Some of the beam pics on these are a little sketchy or too close. I am happy with the Wolfeyes but at the price that they are I can only afford one, but for 80 bucks or so I could slowly rack up a few to have lying around here and there.

I just like gadgets.

Wifey has got me a wolf eyes hidden somewhere for a fathers day present but I'm with you Swiper, at this price I would have a few gadgets

Thanks for the review Fen, can you come back to us after you've used it for a while and it proves reliable. Then I'll get me one!!!
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by LoneRider »

Jock wrote:Hi Fenring,

I have a Surefire and a Bushnell and really know nothing about the different Torches, on the market.

You keep hearing`about Wolf Eyes.

How do these compare?

Thanks Mate.
:?:
fenring

Post by fenring »

Well it's hard to say how they compare without me owning one of each - and I don't! :lol:

So I can't really comment, other than to say my mate who is a torch freak and has owned several brands reckons these are the duck's guts.
SWIPER

Post by SWIPER »

LUVING DEALS EXTREME.

Already got a massive wishlist going. :mrgreen:

oooh so tempting...can't resist....need to get credit card...oh no wife coming...abort....
landyman
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by landyman »

LoneRider wrote:

I have a Surefire and a Bushnell and really know nothing about the different Torches, on the market.

How do these compare?

Thanks Mate.
wolf eyes Sniper review on light-reviews.com - http://light-reviews.com/we_sniper/
eagletac T100C2 review on light-reviews.com - http://light-reviews.com/eagletac_t100c2/

I chose to go ahead and order the T100C2 after the rave reviews on light-reviews.com and candlepowerforums.com.. the T20C seems to have a few "glitches"

the eagletac T100C2 cost me under AUS$60 landed... a bargain considering it outshines (excuse the pun) the competition and is heaps cheaper.. :wink:
fenring

Post by fenring »

Hoping to test my T100C2 in the field next week on the bunnies. :)
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

fenring wrote:Hoping to test my T100C2 in the field next week on the bunnies. :)
cool-lotsa pics of paddock pizza please

Can you ask your torch fiend friend:
Is the T100c2 more a competitor to the WE Sniper or Raider sized torch
also
should I spend the $80-100 on getting modern new generation LED heads for the WE bodies etc I already own or buy a T100c2 kit to dedicate to use on my Air rifles?

I have
1x sniper with incand and the first series LED from a few years back
2x raiders with incad globes -220, 320 and 380
1x rattle snake with incand and new genertation 700 lumen LED

The rattle snake is great but a little top heavy for scope mounting on my AG's

I want to mount the torch- whichever one the expert recommends- on my Air rifles for spotlighting and leave it there- im sick of swapping over the various WE.
The incands in the Raiders dont give me enough run time and the 380 gets everything too hot too fast leaving it running-
how much longer run time and at what lumens do these new generation LED's give over incands?

Also can I ask You and Him how well you think the 18650 from deal extreme ( and the 168's if You/he's tried them) stack up against the WE branded 18650's?

thanks

later
P
fenring

Post by fenring »

You don't ask for much Pat. :lol:
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

fenring wrote:You don't ask for much Pat. :lol:
\

i have been told at various times in my life
If you dont ask you dont learn

and

the only dumb question is the unasked one(s)

and im a greedy bastard

P
Glen C

Post by Glen C »

landyman wrote:
LoneRider wrote:

How do these compare?

Thanks Mate.
wolf eyes Sniper review on light-reviews.com - http://light-reviews.com/we_sniper/
eagletac T100C2 review on light-reviews.com - http://light-reviews.com/eagletac_t100c2/

I chose to go ahead and order the T100C2 after the rave reviews on light-reviews.com and candlepowerforums.com.. the T20C seems to have a few "glitches"

the eagletac T100C2 cost me under AUS$60 landed... a bargain considering it outshines (excuse the pun) the competition and is heaps cheaper.. :wink:

Hi Landyman,

Just so you are comparing apples with apples, the Wolf Eyes Sniper you have linked to is the Sniper 170 (top of the line 3 years ago), we then have a Sniper 260 above that, then we have the Australia only Sniper 260 Hunter which has a slightly different shaped mirror finish reflector which throws further again. That said I am sure you will be happy with your purchase.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Glen, I'm blown away by my new toy. cant wait to go go bunny bashing with it.

Do you get a discount on your second one!!!?? 8)
Glen C

Post by Glen C »

Trevor always happy to see someone second time around :wink:
Trev
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270wsm

Post by Trev »

Seems like Trevors are Shane fans, trevors are 17 hmr fans and now it appears Trevors are also Wolfeyes torch fans.

I have used a few different brands of torches over my 23 years of military service, I havent used the Eagletac torches but would be interested in having a play with one. But dollar for dollar and performance wise, those Wolf eyes take some beating. Lumens maybe Lumens but the reflector is more important than anything else, getting the correct thor and wash etc.

Maybe us Torch owners should do some swapping around so we can try each others gear.

Trev