R9 gets Blooded

stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

R9 gets Blooded

Post by stinkitup »

Well the strife and kids were away with the MIL over the long weekend so when I had a few moments outside other commitments I gave the R9 a good go. A pair of Mynah's like my gutters alot but this one made the mistake of hanging out in the pine tree 10 meters from my front door for too long. JSB hit him middle of the back and out the chest as he looked away from me :twisted: Fell without a flap

Couple days later I setup in the driveway using the home made bench and at 25 meters this is some of the targets they are all 10 shots. So far the JSB's are the most consistent I think although the H&N's are damn close and the Kodiaks showing there quality too.

The H&N Field Target Trophy's on the left and JSB's on the right, and the Kodiaks on there own, damn happy with it so far and the G&R has been a joy to use. I pulled the high H&N ruined a good group, and the JSB's were my first group which is never the best :( must be the cold bore :lol:

Yesterday it was raining and out in the back paddock at 10 meters and 50 meters are two tall weeds with a long stem sort of thing, the R9 nailed the 10 meter one and after 6 or so shots at 50 thought I had hit it but it didn't go down:( woke up this morning and the 50 meter one had gone down so must have nicked it muhahaha

gotta say as an intro into air-arms can't go wrong with the R9 and of course Lewis's service is first class.
Attachments
handn_JSBs_25m.jpg
R9.jpg
first_mynah_r9.jpg
Last edited by stinkitup on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Re: R9 gets Blooded

Post by stinkitup »

The Kodiaks
Attachments
kodiaks_25m.jpg
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Nice AG
Good dead bird.!!
What calibre.???
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Thanks native, a .20 of course :D,

I'm just finishing up a scope mounted spotlight setup, will post the pics when its done then I can hopefully thin out the white fluffy's that like my lawn so much.
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Hear Yeeeah.
Regards
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

stinkitup wrote:Well the strife and kids were away with the MIL over the long weekend so when I had a few moments outside other commitments I gave the R9 a good go. A pair of Mynah's like my gutters alot but this one made the mistake of hanging out in the pine tree 10 meters from my front door for too long. JSB hit him middle of the back and out the chest as he looked away from me :twisted: Fell without a flap

Couple days later I setup in the driveway using the home made bench and at 25 meters this is some of the targets they are all 10 shots. So far the JSB's are the most consistent I think although the H&N's are damn close and the Kodiaks showing there quality too.

The H&N Field Target Trophy's on the left and JSB's on the right, and the Kodiaks on there own, damn happy with it so far and the G&R has been a joy to use. I pulled the high H&N ruined a good group, and the JSB's were my first group which is never the best :( must be the cold bore :lol:

Yesterday it was raining and out in the back paddock at 10 meters and 50 meters are two tall weeds with a long stem sort of thing, the R9 nailed the 10 meter one and after 6 or so shots at 50 thought I had hit it but it didn't go down:( woke up this morning and the 50 meter one had gone down so must have nicked it muhahaha

gotta say as an intro into air-arms can't go wrong with the R9 and of course Lewis's service is first class.
Thanks stinkitup! Much appreciated.
Great shooting.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

No Problem Lewis, its the truth.

Here's the spot setup, more of a write up in the equipment section
http://ausvarmint.kjd84.com/forum/viewt ... 508#p54508" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
R9_spot_01.jpg
r9_spot_02.jpg
r9_spot_03.jpg
Whitey
.17 HMR

Post by Whitey »

Nice light set up. What brand and where from.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Thanks Whitey, Its a Fenix TK11, think I picked it up from fenix-store or might be known as 4sevens on the web, very good service. Think around $100 us should get the light and charger&batteries.
Whitey
.17 HMR

Post by Whitey »

I have an Olight T25 with a tachtical switch and a Fenix L2D which I used for hunting. I get my gear from 'LED Torches Australia' in Melbourne. Very good service and helpful. I looked the one you have up and it looks the goods. I am interested in the mount you have ie where from? I looked at the Fenix site and didn't see it there.

I have a R9 in .20 also. Great AR. Have'nt used it much since I got the PCP bug. Going to the farm this weekend, so might throw it in. Picking up the springer is so easy.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Hey Whitey, yeah the Fenix lights seem to have a good name and now I have one can't fault it. The mount I found on ebay, just do a search on laser mount and you will find a heap, there is a few styles and what not that come up, the piece with the rail on it that is on the torch only just fits due to the torch have flat sides, would be better if it was just like a 1 inch scope ring but with the rail on it, think this is meant to go on a barrel but it works.

Got to love the R9, something so simple yet joyful :twisted:
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Some pics, moon almost full tonight and not clounds so a bright night out.
Turbo Mode, furthest tree 100-110m
Turbo Mode, furthest tree 100-110m
Turbo mode up in the tree
Turbo mode up in the tree
tk11_general_02.jpg