Kimber

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Kimber

Post by MISSED »

Fellas a mate has his heart set on a Kimber pro varmint.As he is not a member here was wondering if anyone has an opinion or experience of these rifles.By the way it is to be a 204
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Re: Kimber

Post by native hunter »

A mate of mine had one and sold it as he didn't think it performed as it should have.
It was a nice rifle with excellent checkering top metal work.
Mind you he loves rifles that make tiny groups.
He had another rifle built on a ? rem action with a custom barrel in the same calibre and loves it.
Regards
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

I've only held one not shot it. It looks beautiful as long as it shoots then looks are a bonus. They have a good rep. One of my clients just won the Kimber 308 in the guns and game comp. I'll find out what he thinks when it turns up
dave
7mm08 Rem

Post by dave »

mate of mine has one and it shot like shit, had the trigger cleaned up so id hope its doing better. Very pretty rifle all the same!
Dary

Post by Dary »

This is an interesting disclaimer from Hill Country Rifles relative to accurizing Kimbers:

"Accurizing is no longer offered for Kimber rifles. This is not a statement about Kimber, but is merely the result of our inability to get a consistent result from Accurizing these products.

Here's the link: http://www.hillcountryrifles.com/accurizeit.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quick
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm-08AI

Post by Quick »

Kimbers are expensive and you could get a R700 or Savage to shoot just as well if not better I think. I mean $1400 approx for their SVT Rimfire in .22LR, The CZs and Toz's proberly shoot just as well and they are tons cheaper.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Thanks for the link Dary.Have to say they are a nice looking Rifle But beauty is only skin deep.If they shot as well as they look then everyone would have one.
Quick I do agree with you their price on the 22lr is a bit over the top for what is essentualy a sportco albeit a bit flasher.

cheers AK
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

I have a kimber longmaster classic in 223. Which I have used for about the last 3 years and would happily buy another kimber rifle. I have mainly used my 223 with factory loads for general hunting and varminting. And with premium factory loads, I can shoot .75 inch five shot groups quite easily.