Reloading shotshells

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
aim2please

Reloading shotshells

Post by aim2please »

I was wandering if any of you guys reload for your shotgun- 12 gauge?

I usually shoot around 200 rounds per month (usually 100 every second week) do you think it will be worth it to invest in a reloader? If there is no difference is cost is the extra performance of the shells better then factory stuff?

If so i am looking towards the RCBS mini grand. Is it any good??

Thank you for your replys
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Re: Reloading shotshells

Post by Kenny »

Mate if you want to load them go for it. But.......last time I did some it was pretty even dollar wise for the components (to make 350) verses a carton of the imported brands (500). It all goes bang :D If your busting clays that's the go.

I really enjoyed loading shotties and it's dead easy to do, you can load some heavy loads but I don't know how they compare to the factory loads....buggered if I could tell the difference on a rabbit...though the shoulder said they were better :lol:

I have not seen the press you mentioned so can't comment...is it a progressive type ?

KY
aim2please

Post by aim2please »

Yeah im dong it for the clays.

No its just a single stage. Where you have to move the shell individually. Once i shoot more and become better at loading i'll go for a progressive.
siacci

Post by siacci »

I have small Lee loader. Had it for 23 years. Have loaded thousands of shells over the years. Its a slow process. 200 a month is a lot of time at the bench. It is easy and if the time is not an issue go for it. I cannot tell you about cost these days as I load lead shot Ive had for decades and they don't make the powder I use anymore either. If I am going to shoot clays these days I just spend the 132 bucks on the winchester's from the gun shop.

Dave
aim2please

Post by aim2please »

This loader claims you can do 200 rounds per hour with it. Even if i only can do 100 and hour thats only 1 hour per fortnight. Or if i have half an hour throughout the week i can just load up 2 boxes.