BlueBazooka.com - anyone tried them?

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
alpal
.17 HMR

Post by alpal »

zzsstt,
BINGO!, perfectly correct, comes down to service and personal choice.
One thing worth considering is while a lot of forum members don't hesitate to import shooting gear, (myself guilty as charged occasionally) the same scenario is true of almost any product, yet we happily charge up huge debt to harvey norman etc. without a second thought or so it seems.
How many people would buy a high end tennis racquet, fishing reel, ski gear etc. without any qualms from the local retailer, yet scream blue murder at the thought of paying the same markup from the local gun shop for a scope.
That's just the way it is I guess.
Regards Alpal
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

alpal

Which is what I have been saying all along - we don't quibble from other shops but the minute it is gun related, shock horrow.

FYI, RWS Air Rifle Pellets are $20 a tin in Europe,
yet they are sold here for $9 or $10.

Ir works both ways.
HiWall
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: .25/06

Post by HiWall »

Yet it's still too expensive for us to buy it.
It is too expensive to buy, when you can buy a much better scope at the same price locally (which I did0 - I didn't import the Nightforce, but I didn't buy the Burris.
zzsstt

Post by zzsstt »

And by the way, that was a spectacular price for the Nightforce. Whilst I don't own a Nightforce, nor have much knowledge of their prices, the only price list I have that includes them (Pro-Cal Jan 2007) lists that scope at $1690, which even after a 10% discount would be $1520, and NVT have them at $1799. So your price was stunning!

The funny thing is that I looked on the QSS web site - because I'd like a Nightforce too and in any case it's good to know a cheap supplier - and they haven't got any listed. But the "super special" prices they have listed for a couple of Leupold scopes are, depending on the reticle - which they don't specify - either $10 MORE or only about $18 (4%) less than the Nioa list price. So either you got very lucky, or their personal caller prices are way below their web site. Either way, you did well!
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Here's another way of looking at my OS scope pruchase.
If most of the consumables are high margin items and scopes are lower margin items, then by buying a scope from OS the LGS misses out on a 20% margin on a $950 scope.
I by from OS @ $467 AUD, which effectively leaves me $483 to spend on ammo, patches, solvents, oils, slings, mounts & rings, powder, etc, etc, at a much higher margin to the LGS.

BTW, in my 33 years of shooting I have owned nearly 50 different firearms and mounted scopes and rings on many of them. I only have 1 scope that I have bought from OS and I dont plan on anymore in the future. If I had to buy the scope that I wanted in Australia I just would not of been able to get it.
we WERE a DINKS couple for seven years and money was no object at all and we brought everything we could from an Aussie company or better still Australian made. We can no longer simply afford to spend $950 on a scope. As I said every single other thing I have brought in my life has come from the LGS, if it was firearm related. :wink:
dfg246

Post by dfg246 »

I would just like to say it is good to see that some people understand how
businesses work . The general public should have to run a business for a few years . The money just rolls in ! It is easy to stick your hand out at the end the week for a wages packet and only 38 hours work.
Yes I own a small business and yes I enjoy it.