FX Air Rifles

Tez
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 3006

FX Air Rifles

Post by Tez »

Who has one. What are your thoughts on them & were can I get one when needed?

Because I'm getting back into the air rifle scene, I'm not up to date on all the latest gear it seems :oops: . And allot has changed since I was a boy :o

Hey Crowbuster, it does look like you have yourself a ripper. Tell me more about them mate :D

Are these new gas-powered puppies the best performers(most powerful with accuracy) these days?

All FX info welcome, as my son really likes the looks of these as well :roll:
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

If Lewis still has it you might like to consider the RWS Excaliber in 22 Cal.
http://ausvarmint.kjd84.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2028

It's known by another name when FX badge it (I dont know the name) but it and the Webley FX2000 and the Excaliber are all the same thing and made by FX.

If you are considering getting an FX from the dealer in outer Melbourne Vic who has nice shiny full color adds etc etc - some consideration to after sales service and product back up etc might need to be considered. You have no worries with dealing with Lewis in this area- He's top notch

I personally have had not very good dealings with the individual who has those nice shiny adds in the gun rags advertising FX AG rifles- you may have had good dealings- and the risk is yours to take.
BUT I didn't and it was on a significant sized order of many $000 involving multiple rifles- and it all fell through because of not being upfront about his dealings with me.
not over $20 worth of pellets.

Another one to consider is the BSA's
In all the write ups I have read the BSA hornets seem to hit very well especially in their price bracket- thats if you are looking for a PCP??

If not and you want a break barrel but with grunt-buy once cry once - go for a Theoben gas ram model , fit a G&R scope to if Lewis has any left and enjoy a lifetime of shooting.

Later
p
Tez
.17 HMR

Post by Tez »

Thanks Paul,

cheers mate :D
Predator

Post by Predator »

doesn't Lewis sell FX air rifles too?
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Your gone now Tez.!!
I told you to buy the HW35 and purchase another later and then another and then another and so on. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards
Tez
.17 HMR

Post by Tez »

native hunter wrote:Your gone now Tez.!!
I told you to buy the HW35 and purchase another later and then another and then another and so on. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards
he he he yeah mate it looks that way :oops:

They are allot of fun alright :twisted:
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Predator wrote:doesn't Lewis sell FX air rifles too?
Sorry but no.
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Tez wrote:
native hunter wrote:Your gone now Tez.!!
Regards
he he he yeah mate it looks that way :oops:

They are allot of fun alright :twisted:
NH is right!This is how it goes.
Tez
.17 HMR

Post by Tez »

Lewis Reinhold wrote:NH is right!This is how it goes.
I put a friend onto you. Think he just ordered a R9 in .20 :twisted: . Sweet looking rig.
No doubt I wont be that far off more :wink:
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Thank you Tez.Who was that?
Predator

Post by Predator »

Lewis Reinhold wrote:
Predator wrote:doesn't Lewis sell FX air rifles too?
Sorry but no.
Pretty sure I've seen you mention selling FX in the past, maybe it was second hand gear.

Bummer, I would have liked to try one.
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

I actually introduced FX Airguns to Australia,Firstly,the FX Tarantula and Timberwolf,then the RWS Excalibre and Rapier and lastly the Cyclone,Gladiator,Storm and Typhoon and FX2000.
I don't sell them anymore and now concentrate on Theoben,Weihrauch and BSA.
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Its a pity Lewis decided to discontinue his association with FX air rifles,because he could have sold me the FX Pump Action Gladiator.22 that I recently aquired,( I did ask him by the way).I am happy enough with the deal I made with guy who supplied the FX its a real good hunting tack driver. But its not the same as dealing with Lewis,so to finish off my current collection of A/Rs I ordered a new Theoben Rapid MK1 .20cal that should even things up for a while. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ray.
Predator

Post by Predator »

RayG wrote:Its a pity Lewis decided to discontinue his association with FX air rifles,because he could have sold me the FX Pump Action Gladiator.22 that I recently aquired,( I did ask him by the way).I am happy enough with the deal I made with guy who supplied the FX its a real good hunting tack driver. But its not the same as dealing with Lewis,so to finish off my current collection of A/Rs I ordered a new Theoben Rapid MK1 .20cal that should even things up for a while. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ray.
Tell us about it! Have you tried a red dot sight on it? What do you hunt? Hows it handle?
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Howdy Greg! I had used the FX cyclone some years ago and liked it they are a good hunting rifle. I later tried a friends Gladiator(Double air model).22.
It is a real power house for a PCP in its class,then I discovered that FX made a "Pump Action"version of the Gladiator and being one that grew up with pump action rifles in the family got one in.22. It is a ripper. 3 steps of power output makes the guns very versatile. Same specs as the DA Gladiator except it only runs on 1, 500cc air tank and 8 shot mags.
I have only ever used normal scopes on all my guns but have used a red dot once or twice,I,m not a great fan of the sight. So far first time out the FX has only been used to hunt feral pigeons with great success, I noticed that my killing range has extended anywhere up to 25 yards further than my best springer.
That for me is a great improvement,so the gun must be pretty good cos the shooter aint. I say if you want to spend the money on an FX, IMHO,Go for it
I am happy with my choice on a good hunting repeater.
But I am still looking forward to the .20cal Theoben Rapid Mk1.
Happy hunting, Ray. :lol: :lol: