Powerful Air Rifles. Springers, Gas Spring, Pre-Charged etc

Tez
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 3006

Powerful Air Rifles. Springers, Gas Spring, Pre-Charged etc

Post by Tez »

Who makes the worlds most powerful air rifles. Which ones do you recommend for an adult ? :roll:

I see the Beeman Kodiak looks like a powerhouse.
http://www.beeman.com.au/kodiak.php

:D
Last edited by Tez on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
astro

Post by astro »

check out the rx2...gas ram would be my preference for a high power spinger...err...gas ram......you know what i mean...

there are quite a few blokes that have them on a USA forum i am on and they always have positive comments on the rx
Tez
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 3006

Post by Tez »

I will edit the heading & give this thread more options.
fenring

Post by fenring »

Some PCP's are putting out a shitload of power - Sumatras in .25 can do 900fps. The 9mm Shin Sung is claimed to shoot 77 grain pellets at 900fps - mind you you won't be walking into any old gunshop and asking for pellets for one. :lol:

As for springers, the new Sheridan Superstreak is claimed to do 1500fps in .177 (but like most of these sorts of guns probably doesn't....) The big springers are big, long, heavy, hard to cock and can have high recoil, making them hold sensitive and harder to get the hang of shooting accurately - and kill some scopes quick smart too. Springers from the better makes like Weihrauch, Beeman and Diana are less likely to crazily overstate the velocity claims than the Chinese made guns, Gamo's etc.

The gas ram guns like the Beeman RX2 and Theoben guns can churn out a fair bit of power too - over 800fps in .22, coupled with a quick and easy break barrel configuration.

If I could have but one it'd be a gas ram gun as I like break barrels, tend to shoot a lot of shots in a session and prefer a self contained power source rather than air tanks etc. I'd prefer .22 due to the more efficient power delivery and the ease of getting a variety of pellets anywhere.
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

fenring wrote:I'd prefer .22 due to the more efficient power delivery and the ease of getting a variety of pellets anywhere.
And
in a quality gun- quality pellets like JSB Exacts etc tend to shoot the Ring out of a gnats A-hole at ranges cheap/old technology springers cannot even come close to.

My Excaliber set at 20 FPE (well down on Max avail power- my choice) and Exacts kills rabbits and cats and ??? easily out to 30+ metres- just put the pellet in their head and watch them drop.

Starting out at 20FPE with 16 grain JSB Exacts (sight in at +.5 @ 20m) I still have almost 16 FPE at 30M (+.25 inch) (and 14.5 FPE @40M, 1 inch below line of sight)- more than a lot of springers have at 15M

Later
p