Starting an ammo collection

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
bimbo
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 17HH

Starting an ammo collection

Post by bimbo »

G'day
like most of you i have an interest in most things to do with hunting and shooting.

Just wondering how many of you have a collection of dummy rounds?

I have been thinking about trying to start a collection for a while but don't know how i should go about it. I mean do i just collect anything and everything i can get my hands on or should i try to get a who set of say weatherby rounds, or rounds that originate from a particular manufacture, big game etc?

Also are there any regulations in NSW about collecting and displaying dummy ammo?

any help appreciated

James
bimbo
300 Win Mag

Post by bimbo »

anyone?
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

G'day Bimbo, I've collected ammo for about twenty years but I haven't tried real hard. I just took what ever I could find, or got given.
I did make it a point to ask everyone that has given me a shot of thier unusuall calibre's, if I could have a round for my collection and even offered a few dollars for their round. Also ask blokes at the range if I can buy a round after I have talked about their rifles for a few minites.
Just the other day Trevot gave me a .300WSM and a .17fireball and a .20prac and a .204.
IMO the sexiest cartridge I have is the .308 thats JMO followed buy the .220 Russian. :wink:
brad
.17 HMR

ammo collection

Post by brad »

there is a bit of a dummy case swap going on about three post below this one !
just tell us what you have to offer and see what other people have that you want.
Con
.308 Winchester

Re: ammo collection

Post by Con »

brad wrote:there is a bit of a dummy case swap going on about three post below this one !
just tell us what you have to offer and see what other people have that you want.
Exactly ... just make sure they are true dummies when sending through Australia Post.
Cheers...
Con
bimbo
300 Win Mag

Post by bimbo »

oh well i might just collect what i can and then if i can see a pattern developing i will try and specificly collect particular rounds.

That post is what reminded me that i should actually get off my@rse and start collecting but i have nothing to swap with so might put up a WTB post in the sale section

BTW i originally wanted to collect rounds after seeing a weatherby set advertised in the back of a weatherby cataloge that where all set in a lucite block - looked sweeeeeet

Thanks guys
James
brad
.17 HMR

ammo collection

Post by brad »

i seen the same wetherby collection on ebay and am still kicking myself for not buying it, onkly sold for about $75 !

im sure some people here would be willing to just give you some (i know many people on here and AHN have been very good to me), maybe just pay for the postage ?
have a look at the dummy round post again, anything i have listed you can have free + postage.
bimbo
300 Win Mag

Post by bimbo »

i have stuck a post int eh sale section and will check out the dummy round swap post as well

Thanks guys
James