Weihrauch HW35

native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

I personally think they are a very easy gun to shoot accurately with, as they just shoulder well as you say, but saying that they have the most problems as compared to a break barrel AR.
Lewis will enlighten us on this as he sees more problems with them than we do.
I think its more the moving components than a break barrel that causes this more than average breakdowns.
Its a common misconception that fixed barrels shoot better groups than break barrels, I for one will tell you that this is rubbish and after owning both ,I can say there is no noticable difference.
I loved the HW97 as it had a very easy to shoot stock that put your hold right on target every time.
But once you feel the grunt of an R1 you can really appreciate the performance of the big break barrel.!!
As for the shorter barrels I would not know as I have only shot the Carbine models.
In all honesty, buy a beeman and be assured that while Lewis is alive you will have the best service in OZ.
Regards
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Tez wrote:
native hunter wrote:Have you looked into the HW77-97 market, they are top shelf equipment as well.
regards
How do those under-levers hold up over the years?
I've shouldered the 97K, it was sweet :twisted: . Shorter barrels work okay?

:D
All HW's are made to last.Personally though,I am not a fan of fixed barrel sporters.I much prefer a break barrel HW.
It's barrel quality not quantity that matters.
Tez
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 3006

Post by Tez »

We will stick with the more traditional cocking method then. It's tried tested & proven over the years :D

The more research I'm doing the more I think the HW35 is a classic little gem, that also kills birds, rats & rabbits pretty dead :twisted:
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Easy answer- Buy that one, then get another as well down the track.!!
Regards
fenring

Post by fenring »

Tez wrote:We will stick with the more traditional cocking method then. It's tried tested & proven over the years :D

The more research I'm doing the more I think the HW35 is a classic little gem, that also kills birds, rats & rabbits pretty dead :twisted:
So which HW35 is it?

The regular 35, the Luxus or the Export?
Tez
.17 HMR

Post by Tez »

fenring wrote:
Tez wrote:We will stick with the more traditional cocking method then. It's tried tested & proven over the years :D

So which HW35 is it?

The regular 35, the Luxus or the Export?
Not sure ATM :roll:
Tez
.17 HMR

Post by Tez »

Just found a old review on the Weihrauch. Great write up!

Been doing heaps of research. Seems if it's German it's quality & well worth the $$$$.

The HW95 also looks real sweet(as does the HW80 & 85. all in all the Weihrauch A/R system looks all very positive worldwide!).
HW95 = Light with plenty of poke, just a tad shorter in the barrel department. 16.1" These are also around the same coin$$ as the 35.

It seems the 35 has a huge following worldwide. And from the research I've done, it's like Sako L461 of the A/R world. 50 years on & still making them. Well IMO that says allot about the company & that model.

Also the 35 seems to kill quiet well from all reports. But just like R/F & C/F. Shot placement & projectile choice(for the game intended)are the number one rules IMO!
My old .22 Elgamo was used successfully to bang-flop rabbits with head shots. Body shots not so great. So I will say I have complete confidence in the HW35 as a rat, bird & rabbit rig out to 20-30m.
Foxes well, IMO I think this rig is capable within the 20m mark using a premium pellet, right into the side brain area(sweet spot) of the skull.

:D
Tez
.17 HMR

Post by Tez »

I take it being German Weihrauch & Beeman use Krupp steel?
crowbuster

Post by crowbuster »

Weihrauch = Beeman and are very good, FX are the best!

PCPs offer no cocking effort, no recoil, repeating magazine, incredible accuracy and far more power than any spring gun. FX PCPs also have three variable power levels which is very handy indeed....

CB
Tez
.17 HMR

Post by Tez »

crowbuster wrote:Weihrauch = Beeman and are very good, FX are the best!

CB
Yeah right. What the pricetag or coz you have one :lol:

This HW35 is just superb, great buy! And it's shooting silly little groups, which is a bonus.

My son just luvs it, & that's what really matters too me at the end of the day.

Thanks for all the input fellows, great help :D
fenring

Post by fenring »

Give us a pic of Big Hermann HW then!

:P
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Tez wrote:

CB
Yeah right. What the pricetag or coz you have one :lol:

This HW35 is just superb, great buy! And it's shooting silly little groups, which is a bonus.

My son just luvs it, & that's what really matters too me at the end of the day.

Thanks for all the input fellows, great help :D
You like it.that's all that matters.They can be made to shoot very nicely with a Maccari kit.
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

PCPs offer no cocking effort, no recoil, repeating magazine, incredible accuracy and far more power than any spring gun. FX PCPs also have three variable power levels which is very handy indeed....

CB
While Weihrauch make many of the Beeman airguns and have since Beeman started in 1972,other companies eg Theoben,Titan,Daystate,Webley and others have made airguns that have been branded Beeman.
All PCP's shoot well.Obviously,I like Theoben and Weihrauch produced PCP's.I also very much like the BSA Hornet and sold quite a few.They have been terrific giving me no bother at all.They are absolutely sensational value at $895.
I really like the Steyr LG110HP too.At 32FP in .22 it's one of the most powerful PCP's around.Quality is breathtaking.
Lewis
crowbuster

Post by crowbuster »

Yeah right. What the pricetag or coz you have one
Nope because I could only afford one quality airgun & decided that the FX would fit the bill. I'm not knocking the others though, but the variable power, light weight, & match grade trigger & barrel swung it for me. I have no regrets about my purchase and would have happily purchased it from Lewis if he sold them.

Each to their own and at the end of the day all that matters is that your happy with what you bought.

CB
Tez
.17 HMR

Post by Tez »

fenring wrote:Give us a pic of Big Hermann HW then!

:P