BlueBazooka.com - anyone tried them?

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Hopefuly, if everyone starts buying from OS and Nioa's sales start to drop off maybe Leo may rethink thier postion.
Its a pity that bringing in firearms isn't as easy as buying scopes from OS because that would really ruffle some feathers.

BTW Happy new year Keith.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Happy new year to you too mate!
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

kjd wrote:
Knackers wrote:Stuff Nioa and Leupold, my latest Weaver Grand Slam 6-20x40 (from T.O.Z) is every bit as good if not better than my VX II 6-18x40.
No more loupys for me,if their gunner pull that shit they can stick it up their arse. :x
Exactly Knackers!! I hope the shooting fraternity see's it like you and me!!
I do
Jethro
.17 HMR

Post by Jethro »

I wounder what the ACCC would have to say about this. :shock: :o
Jethro again :wink:
edwennink

Post by edwennink »

theopticzone and bluebazooka can both also supply both Zeiss Conquest and Nikon Monarch scopes... those brands both represent better quality for mine!

The hell with Nioa and Leupold both...!
JamesBrown

Post by JamesBrown »

Interesting nightforce have the same practice as leupold in the U.S. price fixing it's quite normal over there but have you seen the prices of nightforce scopes in Australia compared to America what a FN rip off I priced a NSX with milrad adjustment I found out a few things nightforce australia are rip off merchants also the yanks can send their scopes to nightforce USA and get milrad turrents for $150 US I have to send it through nightforce Australia and get butt fucked for a low $400 figure. :oops:
GIJ
Favourite Cartridge: 17HMR

Post by GIJ »

So how long does The Optic Zone take to deliver?

My new rifle is arriving today or tomorrow and I'll be spewing if I'm stuck without a scope for too long.
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Eight days mate, to my door. :wink:
GIJ
Favourite Cartridge: 17HMR

Post by GIJ »

Thanks Knackers,

Mmm, eight days means it arrives on Monday. If by some miracle it arrives on Friday I'll have it sighted in for a few foxes this weekend.

Looks like I'll just have to be patient.
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

All of the above are reasons why I have been recommending Vortex scopes. The Vortex scopes are at least as good as Leupold (better IMHO) and they are priced competitively for Aussie buyers.

The Vortex scopes are cheaper than Leupolds from TOZ and have the same lifetime transferable warranty as Leupold with the only difference being that you only have to send it to the Australian distributor if you have a problem.

The service from Antony at Vortex Australia is great as well. If you want to send a real message to Niao then having another major importer growing and competing is the way to do it. Remember that Niao can not complain about sales of Vortex scopes to there US suppliers, there only option will be to get competitive.

cheers
Rinso
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Rinso wrote:All of the above are reasons why I have been recommending Vortex scopes. The Vortex scopes are at least as good as Leupold (better IMHO) and they are priced competitively for Aussie buyers.

The Vortex scopes are cheaper than Leupolds from TOZ and have the same lifetime transferable warranty as Leupold with the only difference being that you only have to send it to the Australian distributor if you have a problem.

The service from Antony at Vortex Australia is great as well. If you want to send a real message to Niao then having another major importer growing and competing is the way to do it. Remember that Niao can not complain about sales of Vortex scopes to there US suppliers, there only option will be to get competitive.

cheers
Rinso
I dunno mate Vortex will probably never surpass Leupold's name over here as Leupold is inbuilt into the Aussie Shooters psyche! I think letters on complaint to Nioa, Leupold and the ACCC is the go!
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Rinso »

kjd,
I dunno mate Vortex will probably never surpass Leupold's name over here as Leupold is inbuilt into the Aussie Shooters psyche! I think letters on complaint to Nioa, Leupold and the ACCC is the go!
Mate you may well be right and Vortex may well never match Leupold as far the famed Leupold reputation goes ... but then again Leupold is not what it once was either ... so who can say.

As for writing to Nioa well that isnt going to make a difference as they already know what you will be telling them and they dont really care what you think IMHO. The ACCC well thats a toothless tiger just ask the oil companies if the ACCC can control price fixing.

cheers
Rinso
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Rinso wrote:kjd,
Mate you may well be right and Vortex may well never match Leupold as far the famed Leupold reputation goes ... but then again Leupold is not what it once was either ... so who can say.

As for writing to Nioa well that isnt going to make a difference as they already know what you will be telling them and they dont really care what you think IMHO. The ACCC well thats a toothless tiger just ask the oil companies if the ACCC can control price fixing.

cheers
Rinso
The difference is that Nioa isn't worth billions of tariffs and taxes per year like fuel is to the Government! The more petrol goes up the more money the Government makes!
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Rinso »

fair point

cheers
Rinso
Thomo
22-250 Remington

Post by Thomo »

I will not by a Loopy ever again, they are over priced and over hyped, had a look through a Burris fullfeild II today, compared to a VX1 of the same price il take the Burris.

Looked through some grandslams, Meopta's and Bushnell 3200 and 4200's and they seemed better than the loopys in my view, The old catch cry about loopys warranty you can stick up ya bum my mate waited 4 months top get it back and they stung him 138USD to fix his VX1 (droped from 2ft of the ground)