Scope advice

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

G'day Michael, everyone.
I brought a Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 for my 17 hmr and found that the rifle needed a bigger scope so I put the Banner on my Brno .22.
It has never lost zero EVER, has bounced around in the front of the ute for four years and been dropped twiice and does the job for me.
Because I the brno is more of a work tool than my main hunter/targeter rifle I was not keen on putting anything better on it.
They are a budget scope but they do perform well. The cross hairs are a bit thick but that is fine for spotlighting.
If you not going to trash the rifle (work wise) I would probably go a bit more up market. Just my 2 cents worth. :wink:
michael_123

Post by michael_123 »

Thanks for the info Knackers

I will be going with the clearidge i think...i will order it nxt week hopefully!

Anyone got one by any chance?

Cheers
edwennink

Post by edwennink »

I too, have had many years of good value from Bushnell Banner scopes, that I have owned and used on both rimfires and centerfires here in Australia, in NZ and in the US, and would not hesitate to recommend them. They are certainly more than adequate for a .22lr!

I have gradually replaced all of mine with Leupolds over the years, but this is mostly because the Leupys are slightly more compact in size, and 'snobbery'! :D

The Bushnell Elite series I have had a good look at too, and would have to say I can not see any significant difference in clarity, side by side during the day, between the 3200s, 4200s and Leupold VXIIs...
Therefore the 3200 probably represent the best value for money of the three.

Their 'Rainguard' coating feature is quite impressive in the wet, too!

Have not heard any feedback on the Clearidge scopes yet...
Tempo
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 204

Post by Tempo »

I have had a Clearidge 4.5-16x40 on my 17HMR for nearly 12 months. Can not fault it. Nice clear class and works well in low light conditions. A good valve scope for the money. Although having said that I think all the scopes mentioned here would serve you well.