Aldi Ultrasonic Cleaner

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Aldi Ultrasonic Cleaner

Post by Rabbitz »

Just a heads up - our local Aldi has their ultrasonic cleaners in stock. $30.
Stuie0
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Re: Aldi Ultrasonic Cleaner

Post by Stuie0 »

Yep works a bloody treat. Already cleaned all the Mrs rings as well as 200 casesImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

I’ve got one of the first Aldi ultrasonics. Compared to my eBay special it’s very ordinary. Free to good home if you wanna pick it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

There's a good recipe for the cleaning solution, at least as it applies to brass cases.

About 1 spoon of cream of tare tare, noting I usually sprinkle it rather than measuring. Then one or two drops of diswashing detergent. The rest water.

The dishwashing liquid adds a lot more sparkle and less water spots. Also helps a lot with the primer pockets.
Dunderi
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22-250

Post by Dunderi »

The Raven wrote:There's a good recipe for the cleaning solution, at least as it applies to brass cases.

About 1 spoon of cream of tare tare, noting I usually sprinkle it rather than measuring. Then one or two drops of diswashing detergent. The rest water.

The dishwashing liquid adds a lot more sparkle and less water spots. Also helps a lot with the primer pockets.
Does that go in the US cleaning machine?

Is using one of these on cases important? We tend to shine em up with a scourer, but thats the outsider not the inside?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Dunderi wrote:
The Raven wrote:There's a good recipe for the cleaning solution, at least as it applies to brass cases.

Is using one of these on cases important? We tend to shine em up with a scourer, but thats the outsider not the inside?

What you are doing is fine. It will stop carbon residue scratching the inside of the dies which would eventually start scratching brass. You should run a case cleaning brush inside the neck too.

I started ultrasonic cleaning as I had this theory that if the internal capacity of cases differs then the pressure differs so the point of impact can wander and open up groups. If this is an undisputed ‘truism’ then my theory was that residue build up on the inside of cases would effect case capacity.

Ultrasonic cleans inside and out.
apparently that theory has been disproven. But I have nice shiny casesImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Dunderi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Yep, I use it in the ebay ultrasonic.

No, you can use whatever method you choose to clean brass. I haven't used a tumbler but they sound messy and long term expensive. There's other methods but I find the ultrasonic cleans the primer pockets as well of the inside/outside of the cases nicely (note I remove the spent primers before cleaning. I oven dry at 90-100C as that's the quickest method that works fine for me.

No need for a scourer with this method. Although you could polish the externals of the case if you want shiny brass.
Glenn
375 Cheytac
Favourite Cartridge: 300WM

Post by Glenn »

The Raven wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:35 pm
Dunderi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Yep, I use it in the ebay ultrasonic.

No, you can use whatever method you choose to clean brass. I haven't used a tumbler but they sound messy and long term expensive. There's other methods but I find the ultrasonic cleans the primer pockets as well of the inside/outside of the cases nicely (note I remove the spent primers before cleaning. I oven dry at 90-100C as that's the quickest method that works fine for me.

No need for a scourer with this method. Although you could polish the externals of the case if you want shiny brass.
I haven't used a tumbler but they sound messy and long term expensive
????????

I tried Ultrasonic and did not like the results.

I brought a Stainless Steel Media Tumbler and have not looked back!
Brass comes out clean and SHINY!

No matter which cleaning method I use I always use a primer pocket uniformer to make
sure the pocket is not only clean but flat so the primer sits square.

Glenn