And now I have a "Safe Princess"

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Mevo2230
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 9.3*62

Post by Mevo2230 »

I almost drove out to Orange to catch her playing at the Orange RSL that was the first gig of her winter country tour.

A gig came up at the Annandale hotel (inner west Sydney) just beforehand so I went to that one instead.

Yes it was f'kin awesome.
crowbuster

Post by crowbuster »

Anyway........back to the CZ 204 classic great choice mevo & beauuutiful wood (I'm jealous 'cos mine is nice but yours is nicer).

Try 27.9 gns AR2206H with the 39gn B/kings they shoot very well in the CZ. I was getting 0.75moa groups and was happy, but I do love to tinker so I gave the stock a bedding job & now get 0.5 moa for 5 shots. For a sporter weight rifle I am stoked with this accuracy.

I would recommend the CZ to anyone that appreciates an accurate, great handling and aesthetically appealing (pretty) firearm.

CB
shane
Resident Gunsmith
Favourite Cartridge: none

Post by shane »

Anyway.... back to the music!

Gota love the J's guys.

Dont mind a bit of Sarah myself.
cheers,
Shane
Mevo2230
17 Hornet

Post by Mevo2230 »

Damn Shane, if your reputation around here wasn't enough to have you at the top of my list to have work done on my rifles your taste in music as well just went and made the choice even easier.

Next time she normally plays Wagga on her regional tours, so if/when the next tour comes round you should check the gig out, its awesome. The hour or so drive will be "Always worth it"

I went nuts at homebake, i was walking round in a t-shirt, shorts and an old pair of brown army boots from my cadet days (that I wear hunting now) because I thought it would have been all muddy. Bugger wearing gum boots or thongs like everyone else did.

I parked myself front and center of one of the stages and saw the lovely Angus & Julia Stone, then Josh Pyke and of course the awesome Blassy all one after the other! I was singing and dancing round like a nutter.

Oh yeah, and I love my CZ527 as well :P
shane
Resident Gunsmith

Post by shane »

I will have to check out when she next tours down this way mate and head over.

I think the last time i went to wagga for a gig was to see Jebediah and Area 7. Was bloody great.

With the family these days i dont around to as many as i used to.

Yeh good boots are very handy when your in the pit, the pluggers dont protect the toes real well. Mate that would have been a great line up to see, Homebake is always worht it.

I think the last time i went to Cobram i was up the front for Shihad who layed on a cracking set then sat up the back of the beach and watched Magic Dirt. But even that was a few years ago.

Just over two years ago we had one of the first goovin the moo shows here in Narrandera, great line up and absolute ball tearing sets from Spider bait and Grinspoon. Couldnt ask for better.
cheers,
Shane
crowbuster

Post by crowbuster »

Been a "J fan" since there were only two of them (2JJ), but I thought this thread was about mevos CZ classic. Guess I misunderstood.

CB
shane
Resident Gunsmith

Post by shane »

Sorry Crowbuster we got side tracked. I think Trev started the hijack!!

Back to the rifles.
cheers,
Shane
crowbuster

Post by crowbuster »

I think Trev started the hijack!!
Take me to Dublin or else......!

CB
Mevo2230
17 Hornet

Post by Mevo2230 »

I took it up to Queensland and I have to say its one sweet rifle.

I was using it from the back of the ute under light and the things a tack driver! No recoil either, and it handles so well if you want to have a crack off hand. And doesn't that little 39 grain blitz king make a mess off the cute and fluffys.

I have loaded up an absolute heap of 204 rounds using a 39 grain blitz king and 25.5 grains of AR2206H and it shoots like stink.

I have not played with the bedding or trigger or anything else as I have no idea what I am doing. But if the lovely Sarah Blasko plays wagga again I think I have a good excuse to get it down to Narrandera :D

Either that or get Narrandera to win the one night stand competition Shane!

I can only imagine what results I will get after it has been Clancyfied!

One thing that shits me though is that the extra magazine the gun shop sold me was a 223 magazine, not a 204 magazine. The bloke behind the counter said "same same, just got 204 ruger written on it". Well he was wrong. My handloads feed flawlessly through the 204 mag but are too long for the 223 magazine :shock: