Scuba tank for sale

JWD
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Scuba tank for sale

Post by JWD »

Large size high pressure (250 bar) steel scuba tank for sale on Gumtree at present. These last forever (if kept with air in them and dont rust). The price is good and would suit someone looking for a big reservoir for their PCP. Not my ad, just passing it on.

Steel SCUBA tank,
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/moonee-b ... 1154923695

Price: $110.00
Gavin M
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: n/a

Re: Scuba tank for sale

Post by Gavin M »

Only 10ks from me. The local dive shop here won't send any thing for test if it is over 20 years old. Maybe that's why it is for sale.
JWD
.17 HMR

Post by JWD »

RE that 20 year old thing with the dive shop, check that its not a policy for Aluminium tanks (there was a batch of alloy tanks made back then that crack). Steel is a different story and can last forever (I have a set of 40 year old steel tanks that are still going fine and tested annually).

Any fire extinguisher place can also do hydro testing.
trapper
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by trapper »

JWD wrote:
Any fire extinguisher place can also do hydro testing.
And it only has to be done every 5 years if it doesn't go in the water.

I wouldn't but a 250BAR tank though unless it was very cheap. 250BAR doesn't have much headroom. I have a 300 BAR tank and I have to get it refilled when it's down to 200BAR.

I have a 45fpe Rapid, so lower powered PCPs might not have this problem.
JWD
.17 HMR

Post by JWD »

I've heard about the 5 year option but not sure where you could get it filled. Dive shops always go for the 12month option. Do paintball facilities give you a longer window?
grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by grmkc »

Both my 230 Bar cynliders have a five year testing schedule. I believe that the Aust Std for SCBA is five years as the tanks are not exposed to water. There is a different standard which covers SCUBA cylinders ( U stands for Underwater) I think they are both in the standard for pressure vessels. I could be wrong.

The company that I go to does hydro testing for the emergency services so I'm quite sure Robin know his stuff.

I fill my rifles pretty regularly. My Annie 2025 is used for 20m benchrest, FT and 10m and ...... the odd indian mynah. The R10 and Royale are both hunters. The R10 is air hungry eventhough it's set at 18 fpe. Yesterday was the first time I have filled both my tanks since Feb. Can't remember how many shots in that time. Both cylinders were at around 170 Bar, the start of the Royale sweet spot.

Carbon fibre ponies are also five years.

Worksafe NSW put out a bulletin regarding Alloy tanks a few years back. It applied to tanks rated to a particular Aust Std and certain alloy mix. The doc is on my desktop but I won't be home again till next Monday after I succeed in trashing the Canberrans at their own state titles, which xhould really be a Territorian title. :p
trapper
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by trapper »

I haven't had any problem getting my SCBA tank filled at a dive shop. They might baulk at a SCUBA tank outside of the 12 months though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk