CZ 527 owners! Looking for bore guide

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Mevo2230
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 9.3*62

CZ 527 owners! Looking for bore guide

Post by Mevo2230 »

I am seeking a bore guide for my CZ527 in 204 ruger.

I am liking the look of a bore tech 17 to 25 cal patch guide, but it says it suits rifles with a bolt diameter of .695.

Will some one be able to grab a pair of verniers and measure the bolt diameter of their CZ527.

Failing that I am liking the look of the Sinclair adjustable 17 to 24 cal bore guide with a smaller (.555 or .590) bore guide collar.

Cheers in advance.

Oh, I also have on order a Dewy rod and bronze brushes, hornady case trimmer, powder trickler and a big bag of patches on order from Graf & sons.... they are keeping me poor.
Col. Pogy

Post by Col. Pogy »

I've a bore guide for the CZ 527 made by Possum Hollow Products. I got it from Sinclair, the precision shooting accessories people in the USA. pogy
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

yeah, I will be getting one from Sinclair, the o ring is a great idea to stop solvent and junk getting into your action.
Mevo2230
17 Hornet

Post by Mevo2230 »

Cheers, I have just ordered the bore guide from Sinclair.

It's only about two weeks before I get my PTA back so I can pick up my 527!
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

your gonna love the rifle and the calibre. If there is any travel in the trigger when set or creep when unset I can tell you from personal experience shane can turn it into a top class trigger easily.
Mevo2230
17 Hornet

Post by Mevo2230 »

I have not even gotten the rifle yet and you are already talking about sending it off to Shane!

I can see it will start with a trigger job, then it will blow out to a custom Slee laminated stock and a fluted heavy barrel!

What have I gotten myself into..... and good thing I am single.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

no no, you wont need to do any of that to get good results from a CZ. Mine has a factory stock and barrel, just the stock off a different Cz and had the barrel fluted. Fluting doesnt help accuracy tho, I just wanted weight reduction as i have other heavy varminters.

Your CZ will more than likely be fine out of the box, the triggers are good, its just Shane makes them better!!!
Mevo2230
17 Hornet

Post by Mevo2230 »

I know I wont have to do any of that stuff... but you blokes are a bad influence.
crowbuster

Post by crowbuster »

I bought the Gunslick "universal" bore guide from Cleavers after being reassured that it would fit the CZ. WRONG :evil: . The adaptor screws onto the outside thread of the guide & makes it to fat to fit into the chamber. I improvised by cutting a section off one of those disposable silastic tube cone thingys & inserting it into the inside of the guide. It works but is not perfect.

What are the contact details for the Sinclair guide......?

CB
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

google sinclair international
humma

Post by humma »

Have a look on Eric Brooks website. Last time I was there they had one!

Scrap that.......it only only has them for the 223

Cheers
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

Col. Pogy

Post by Col. Pogy »

I have to report my CZ .222 Lux out of service and now in the gun hospital having a facelift to expose the Turkish walnut and recut the checkering after a restlying to the classic sporter forend. It all started after the initial purchase of the rifle itself, then a bore guide, then a better scope, then match prep brass, then................ Be warned! pogy
crowbuster

Post by crowbuster »

Thanks for the Sinclair site address to those that responded.
My little CZ 204 put 5 shots into .77" last Sunday & it was very windy. You gotta be happy with that :) . I haven't chronographed the loads yet, but I used a 39gn Sierra B/K behind 28.3 gns AR2206H probably doing 4,000+ fps.

CB
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

havent loaded for a 204 for about 6 mths but from memory you are over adi's max. I went up over too to test, no pressure signs?