Highland

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
czt3

Highland

Post by czt3 »

Can anyone tell me where Highland-Ax are made?
HiWall
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: .25/06

Post by HiWall »

Not too sure mate, but Highland brass is made in Yugoslavia by Privi Partisan, so I wouldn't be surprised if the loaded ammo is made there as well.
Chrispy
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 221 Furball

Post by Chrispy »

I beleive the Highland 22 lr ammo is made in the phillipines. A case of badge engineering. Look at the Highland Rx subsonic ammo and the PMX toad load. Same projjie same dimensions, same headstamp. All Phillipines.

Shoots and groups really well out of my rifles.
brad
.17 HMR

highland

Post by brad »

highland rimfire ammo is the old striling high impact in a new box and its just as shit as before !
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

highland rimfire ammo is the old striling high impact in a new box and its just as shit as before !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Well it may come as a surprise but just because it has Winchester, Remington, Norma, Hornady etc etc on the box doesn't mean that
it is made by them.

Someone showed me some ? Hornady ? or Norma ammo this week
that uses Remington cases as they have the Remington headstamp.
Rule 303

Post by Rule 303 »

From memory what has been posted about Highland brass is correct and to back Nitro up there are various ammo brass manufacturers in the US that make brass for others with the others head stamp. Starline is one that comes to mind. If you want you can even have them make up brass with your own headstamp.

I remeber reading some years ago that they enen did some brass for Win or rem when they couldn't keep up with demand.
500Nitro
.222 Remington

Post by 500Nitro »

I think it was Rem or Win who actually made some ammo for the other
- ie their major competitor.

Like Shotgun ammo - G&B, Rio and a heap of others etc - it all comes out of the same manufacturing facility.

Like Guns - Howa / Weatherby Rifles - Miroku / Browning Shotguns
243redmist

Post by 243redmist »

Yugoslavia is were all the centrefire stuff is put together components could be from anywhere
Rule 303

Post by Rule 303 »

Nitro I do belive you are correct. It was Rem from memory. Starline made some stuff for Blackhills or similar for a very short while.

The fog clears out of the brain from time to time.

243 I think you are right. The brass is iether Yugo as stated earlier or from where WOLF get their CF brass. Fogs closed in again and can't remember where I read that.
500Nitro
.222 Remington

Post by 500Nitro »

Rule 303 wrote:Nitro I do belive you are correct. It was Rem from memory. Starline made some stuff for Blackhills or similar for a very short while.

The fog clears out of the brain from time to time.

243 I think you are right. The brass is iether Yugo as stated earlier or from where WOLF get their CF brass. Fogs closed in again and can't remember where I read that.

Yep, I think it was Rem as well who made it for Winchester.

You've got to look at it from a business perspective, Multimillion $ facility, all the accountants want to do is keep the machinary working and the $$$$
coming in. The Shotgun Facility would be the best example as they make heaps of different shells.