Light weight but good suport boots

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Light weight but good suport boots

Post by ogre6br »

HI
What can you guys suggest as a good light weight but still ankle suportive boot for desert walking and rocky plains work.

I have a set of GP's but with the heat etc and my horrible lack of fitness they just contribute to knackering me quicker.

doesn't need to be a full calf boot, not even full leather,
something light, comfortable and with a measure of ankle support and good at keeping the grass seeds etc out.

Will only be used a couple of times a year at most at least for the next couple of years- but after that I'm hoping used a bit more

later
P
lefty

Post by lefty »

Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

Ogre I currently use a boot made by Raichle but this is a Gortex boot and not necessary for the dry stuff. They are extreemly comfortable but are expensive. The only reason i use them is that as i am forever in and out of springs and bores so gortex makes a lot of sense. The other bonus is that work contributes $150/year for footwear.

A cheaper but no less comfortable alternative are Rossi HiTec's I have had several different models of rossi boots and never regretted any of them. I used to get issued with these while working for SAPOL again they are really comfortable have good ankle support and are light enough you could run in them easilly.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Have to agree with the good Dr about Rossi boots, very comfortable and lasted me many a good walk.
damien couper
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by damien couper »

i use to use my old GP boot but now to have the Meindl Desert Fox boots and there the best boot ever. i can walk all day and my feet and socks arnt wet and they dont get sore one bit best xmas gift i ever got
Horsley Park Gun Shop has them (thats where i got mine )

http://www.kitbag.com.au/prod791.htm
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

Thanks to the phone call from a Melbourne Member I managed to get to the 20% off annaconda sale and picked up a set of Hi-Tec amalfi Trails on sale and then a further 20% off

really good thing is they fit my footbeds (orthotics sp??) without having to trim anything off the foorbeds

thanks all

tikka
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: spud gun!!!

Post by tikka »

Yeah mate Rossi boots are very good, not expensive and are really comfy, i like the soft soles too. Also Hard Yakka make a good boot, i have a pair and they are very comfy for all day treks as well.

Cheers

Geoff