2 Stroke Oil in Diesel Fuel

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
Rigpig
Favourite Cartridge: 45-70

Re: 2 Stroke Oil in Diesel Fuel

Post by Rigpig »

bigfellascott wrote:How often do you change your filters etc?
I would change them out every 10k if not earlier. If i go up north I change them out when I get back Coral bay was terrible for shit fuel over the years
Rigpig
Favourite Cartridge: 45-70

Post by Rigpig »

The Raven wrote:I was just rethinking this and the thought struck me: You should only be adding 2 stroke oil to the diesel NOT pre-mixed 2 stroke oil with petrol!

I know rigpig said it was only a small amount of 2 stroke (fuel) around 50ml. That shouldn't have hurt anything.
Thats what I thought I was thinking it would do little on nothing. I just don't cross contaminate my fuel cans now.
DSD
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by DSD »

So how did this work out for you?
Has anybody else found a safe reliable way to increase horsepower output in their small diesel engines?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
DSD
.270 Winchester

Post by DSD »

Been reading some of the previous posts and not doubting what anybody has said but my personal experience after changing a few filters for myself and others is that the only thing i have ever experienced to bring on the fuel/water warning light onto is using a pressure washer and after some outback trips i have had a lot of shit in filters including but not limited to water,algie, sand,wax,rust and occasionally i even get diesel out of them

Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

Vermingone wrote:I just run BP Ultimate Diesel in my 2002 GU Patrol space cab coil spring ute and Ryco filters fuel oil and air.
Last tank approx 165ltrs between the 2 tanks I traveled 1450kms before the low fuel light came on.
Previously I would get around 1180 odd.
Now that was city driving 50kms one way to work thru about 22 sets of lights averaging about 60-70kph not wring its neck. I generally travel approx +5 kph over the speed limit.
So BP Ultimate is better than regular diesel? Or was that BP Ultimate + 2 stroke mix?
Cheers..
Con
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

My limited experience would tell me not to add oil to a common rail diesel engine
I can tell you both my young bloke and I run BP ultimate in our diesels and average better the 60 klm more per tank and I have not had a filter light on for a considerable amount of time
Ol 55
DSD
.270 Winchester

Post by DSD »

Funny you mention the extra km Gary as we have a shell and bp opposite each other near home and the bp is nearly always 9c a litre cheaper than the shell yo counteract the 8c discount but better than that is out of my 70ltr navara tank i get between 100-150km more per tank from the bp

LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by LoneRider »

Ol 55 wrote:My limited experience would tell me not to add oil to a common rail diesel engine
I can tell you both my young bloke and I run BP ultimate in our diesels and average better the 60 klm more per tank and I have not had a filter light on for a considerable amount of time
Ol 55
i run woolies diesel nearly always,im getting the same fuel economy as i was getting in my turbo 4cyl triton.i change the fuel filter every 10thou or more and ive never had a light on .....i tryed those yellow fuel pills a while back [as previously posted] but gave up on it...didnt seem to do anything but cost...havent used nothing since.
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

LoneRider wrote:
Ol 55 wrote:My limited experience would tell me not to add oil to a common rail diesel engine
Ol 55
i run woolies diesel nearly always,im getting the same fuel economy as i was getting in my turbo 4cyl triton.i change the fuel filter every 10thou or more and ive never had a light on .....i tryed those yellow fuel pills a while back [as previously posted] but gave up on it...didnt seem to do anything but cost...havent used nothing since.
No woolies or coles fuel for me noticeable loss of performance in my old 80 series
Dave I was very conservative with that 60 klm extra per tank.
Gary
DSD
.270 Winchester

Post by DSD »

all my fuel consumption/economy figures have been stuffed up this week anyway.
After the recommendations of another forum member I changed my exhaust from turbo to tip last tuesday after putting in an egr plate and after half a week of running around home to work(7km each way) when i filled up to go away for the weekend I was using 1-1.5ltr less per 100 than previously and i was giving it a bit last week but it is to small a sample to be definitive so it will be interesting to see how it pans out. Definitely has more power and it is not just seat of the pants feel, i have a couple of measuring points. Towing about 1500kg this weekend so will be good to see how it performs
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

With BP Ultimate, try cheaper fuel but when tank is full and bowser stops, count to 60, then start refilling again. I think BP Ultimate uses more or better anti-foam additives so tanks fills easier. After waiting, (I count to 30), Shell fuel keeps going in, then I get the same range as with BP Ultimate. An empty 80L tank will often take around mid 70L of BP Ultimate before bowser stops, but low 70s with other fuels. Litre for litre, it doesn't seem to matter in my 13 PX Ranger.
Cheers...
Con
DSD
.270 Winchester

Post by DSD »

Funny thing is i know half the time when i go to bp i get caltex fuel but it does not bother me as both are consistently better than my local shell and united which makes my ute loud and rattly within 5km of filling up. Have not used mobile for years since having trouble with the 3 local ones (which i think have all changed names since)years ago 2 had diety fuel and the other 1 sent the police around to arrest me for stealing fuel i still had the receipt and credit card statement for showing that i paid

Vermingone
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 243 ai

Post by Vermingone »

Sorry Con yes mine was only the BP Ultimate I am running. Worth the swap IMO

Daniel
Vermingone
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 243 ai

Post by Vermingone »

Con wrote:
Vermingone wrote:I just run BP Ultimate Diesel in my 2002 GU Patrol space cab coil spring ute and Ryco filters fuel oil and air.
Last tank approx 165ltrs between the 2 tanks I traveled 1450kms before the low fuel light came on.
Previously I would get around 1180 odd.
Now that was city driving 50kms one way to work thru about 22 sets of lights averaging about 60-70kph not wring its neck. I generally travel approx +5 kph over the speed limit.
So BP Ultimate is better than regular diesel? Or was that BP Ultimate + 2 stroke mix?
Cheers..
Con
Yes BP ultimate is the go