SSAA Field Target Nationals

grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Re: SSAA Field Target Nationals

Post by grmkc »

He's ripping you off Gary. You can have some for 50% off his price plus mine are PTFE lubricated. :roll:
Druid66
Favourite Cartridge: .20 Cal

Post by Druid66 »

Crikey it sounds like I better sort my pellets out too before next week :arrow: So let`s have a look - Hmm yes so it`s at least one good handful of FTTs for the Virak and then I better ring Geoff to see if he can bring me up some Jumbos for the M.rod :? - After that just Use The Force 8)
Last edited by Druid66 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youngy
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Youngy »

You guys are freaking me out :(

Weighing pellets ?
Lube ?
3-5mm POI ?

Dare I ask what's the go with the 8 grain pellets ?
I was told that my rifle shoots best with JSB 10.34grain in 4.52 dia; but will test myself tomorrow.

Geoff : If you can get me 3 x tins of these from Potters it really be appreciated. I'll send a picture of the ones I am using. :D

Matt : I'll consider your kind offer if you warrant that the pellets have been hand picked under natural sunlight, between 10am and 2pm on Sunday after 10hrs of good sleep, and light breakfast, and weighed using NATA approved scales calibrated by CSIRO with in the last 7 days, and picked by non ferrous tweezers, whilst exerting not greater than 1.76 Newtons of force on the waist of each pellet, and dropped not more than 1.05cm into the individually pre drilled, velvet lined tray. :lol:

Ahh.....whatever happens.....I look forward to putting a face (and real names) behind these mysterious Ausvarmint Identities. Can't wait !!!
JWD
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Post by JWD »

Tried out some different pellets tonight and weighed and lubed does make a big difference. My general tin of Crossman ultra magnum was doing groups about 15-20mm at 30m in the rain but switching over to some of Geoff's Über pellets brought that group down to a clover shape. Point of impact changed slightly (left to right) but consistency improved massively despite the pouring rain. I also noticed the big impact of tilting your rifle on point of impact so make sure you have a quick check of your degree of cant to keep those groups tight.

And Youngy, make sure those pellets are grown by Rainforest Alliance farmers.
mattw975
.17 HMR

Post by mattw975 »

Can't promise that Youngy, but I was only wearing speedo's when weighing them mate :shock:

Young Jarred shoots a Steyr & I believe he shoots normal 8.44 Grain Exacts. 10.34 Grain will give a loopy trajectory.

Youngy wrote:You guys are freaking me out :(

Weighing pellets ?
Lube ?
3-5mm POI ?

Dare I ask what's the go with the 8 grain pellets ?
I was told that my rifle shoots best with JSB 10.34grain in 4.52 dia; but will test myself tomorrow.

Geoff : If you can get me 3 x tins of these from Potters it really be appreciated. I'll send a picture of the ones I am using. :D

Matt : I'll consider your kind offer if you warrant that the pellets have been hand picked under natural sunlight, between 10am and 2pm on Sunday after 10hrs of good sleep, and light breakfast, and weighed using NATA approved scales calibrated by CSIRO with in the last 7 days, and picked by non ferrous tweezers, whilst exerting not greater than 1.76 Newtons of force on the waist of each pellet, and dropped not more than 1.05cm into the individually pre drilled, velvet lined tray. :lol:

Ahh.....whatever happens.....I look forward to putting a face (and real names) behind these mysterious Ausvarmint Identities. Can't wait !!!
Youngy

Post by Youngy »

Did you say ONLY wearing speedos ???

I reckon the fair market value would be $750 per tin of 500 then.

Sorry, that's out of my price range :(

H'mmm.......I do have a tin of 8.4gr JSB's. I'll try tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice Matt.
Youngy

Post by Youngy »

Not you too JWD .....

If I can't cant correctly; who should I ask to correct my cant ?
Who can cant ? Can Kees cant ?

BTW - What kind of lube do you use ? :D
Druid66

Post by Druid66 »

Personally I strongly believe that lubing your pellets can actually have an adverse effect on the overall accuracy on ones intended POI - In fact when using The Force to finely guide your chosen projectile to it`s precise destination it has been unequivocally proven that one`s Psychic Grip gains superior purchase on an unlubricated projectile rather than when you`re trying to guide in a slippery bugger.
Last edited by Druid66 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

I was going to come and have a look-see today. However, after reading the last few entries I am far too scared.

:)
mattw975
.17 HMR

Post by mattw975 »

But you clearly haven't lubed your pellets in the belly fat rendered from the remains of poor old Jabba the Hutt oh Enforced One :)

Druid66 wrote:Personally I strongly believe that lubing your pellets can actually have an adverse effect on the overall accuracy on ones intended POI - In fact when using The Force to finely guide your chosen projectile to it`s precise destination it has been unequivocally proven that one`s Psychic Grip gains superior purchase on an unlubricated projectile rather than when your trying to guide in a slippery bugger.
Druid66

Post by Druid66 »

Perish the thought Matt :shock: I would imagine the sliminess of that particular fellows bodily fluids would render even the roughest old Eley Wasp recalcitrant.

Far better to just twist open the can of anything half-grippy, bung it in the breech then send it downrange uncontaminated - The most important part of airgunning as one knows is the shooters Cosmic Control enforced upon it`s journey from the moment it leaves the muzzle 8)
grmkc
.220 Swift

Post by grmkc »

I still swear by the Mr Sheen with Potpourri fragrance. It changed my HW97K 0.22 groups from 20 cent pieces to 5 cent pieces. It has to be potpourri though. :lol:

Druid, I can prelube your lot before deliver to TCB if you like. Apparent spray on glue is great for your MRod. Makes it even quieter. The way you're aging Druid, your Force is starting to metamorphose into the Farce.

My response to your comments above ......... :spew:

The mind games have started earlier this year, I see.

There is a saying amongst the comp shooters in the UK. Wax based lubricants for springer pellets and oil based for pcp. My current practice is dry PTFE spray for both. Seems to work to date. Also seems to keep the bore cleaner.
Druid66

Post by Druid66 »

grmkc wrote:I still swear by the Mr Sheen with Potpourri fragrance. It changed my HW97K 0.22 groups from 20 cent pieces to 5 cent pieces. It has to be potpourri though. :lol:

Druid, I can prelube your lot before deliver to TCB if you like. Apparent spray on glue is great for your MRod. Makes it even quieter.

There is a saying amongst the comp shooters in the UK. Wax based lubricants for springer pellets and oil based for pcp.
I must say I`m intrigued by the significance of this Potpourri Phenomenon of which you speak Geoff - Obviously it won`t be as effective as one of my Birch Sap and Sage herbal elixirs but it certainly sounds as if it could give a lustration of Agrimony a good run for it`s money :bang:

On second thoughts maybe you would be better off just squeezing half a tube of Tarzan Grip on to my Jumbos so as to reduce the vibrations in my energy field 8)

Note To Self: Take along a couple a party cake candles and a full of syringe of Castrol GTX for any in the field team `gun maintenance` duties :lol:
JM Caddy
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Post by JM Caddy »

On a serious note. To all you guys heading north drive safe. We will see you Friday afternoon. Jared graduates high school on Friday so we be leaving after that. That right he just a kid so no picking on him. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
grmkc
.220 Swift

Post by grmkc »

Thanks Jon. Leaving at some ungodly hour tomorrow morning.