Rimfire accuracy.

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Re: Rimfire accuracy.

Post by chris.tyne »

Con wrote:Yes, I'm convincing myself to launch into an experiment. :mrgreen: I've got Aussie Steve thinking a barrel blocked Norinco for shit and giggles experiments. I'm more thinking 3 lug Crossover, experiment for accuracy, then shunt the barrel for a full blown target chamber, and ultimately a Maddco in lighter profile with a tuner. :lol:

After the NFA review, it may be all we can justify. :evil:
Cheers...
Con
Con I had a made from Stanthorpe do the Norinco thingy,after it was all said and done it worked but whats that saying about polishing a turd :)
Now the second option you came up with is far more interesting and viable,Id like to see that one built. :wink:
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

Lithgow is interesting. 3 lug, PAS style bolt, the barrel thread is allegedly same as Brno but longer tenon (I need a Brno barrel too :lol:), 90deg sear engagement. Looked at the black ones yesterday, considering ordering one with threaded barrel to play with. Never valued these rifles at the start, still don't for a hunting rifle (Browning Reaper!!), but for a semi target build, maybe, just maybe. One already on the local benchrest circuit I think.
Cheers...
Con
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

If the one you refer to on the local circuit is Brian Mitchells then yes it is scary accurate.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

I've had the odd shot at the range through others LIthgow's and have been very impressed with them. Not the same as seriously trying one for groups etc but they seem the goods.

I liked the short bolt throw, surprisingly short even for a 22LR. The action is very smooth, and if the prototype C/F's I handled are representative of their final production then all Lithgows will be smooth as butter.

The Lithgows I shot all seemed well built and quite accuracte (out of the box) but then there was a range of good/bad/ugly scopes fitted to them. Put a good Nikon on it and you'd be doing well.

Not much of a fan of the synthetic stock...because it's synthetic. Ignoring that, it's probably fine.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

The Raven wrote:.......(snip)......Not much of a fan of the synthetic stock...because it's synthetic. Ignoring that, it's probably fine.
I could have sworn I saw a timber stocked version advertised somewhere a couple of weeks ago......... :?
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

They do have some lovely laminates coming in the centrefires so I'd assume the 22s will also get them.
DSD
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Re: RE: Re: Rimfire accuracy.

Post by DSD »

curan wrote:
The Raven wrote:.......(snip)......Not much of a fan of the synthetic stock...because it's synthetic. Ignoring that, it's probably fine.
I could have sworn I saw a timber stocked version advertised somewhere a couple of weeks ago......... :?
You did.
Magnum sports advertised a timber snd a laminate
mn1863
.222 Remington

Post by mn1863 »

The Raven wrote:They do have some lovely laminates coming in the centrefires so I'd assume the 22s will also get them.
Handled the timber and laminate stocked model the other day, the walnut was surprisingly nice, and fitted very well. Overall I thought the lithgow looks to be a very good little rimfire.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

mn1863 wrote:
The Raven wrote:They do have some lovely laminates coming in the centrefires so I'd assume the 22s will also get them.
Handled the timber and laminate stocked model the other day, the walnut was surprisingly nice, and fitted very well. Overall I thought the lithgow looks to be a very good little rimfire.
I'm waiting for them to release the centrefires to the market. If they are as slick as the prototypes I handled they will sell like hotcakes. Oh, their shotties looked good and covered everything from budget price to serious.
nate
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by nate »

or how's about an Izhmash...
hunting stock... shoots like a lazer on any ammo

Barrel is pretty solid though - lol
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

I somehow accidentally kinda found a bargain priced Brno Model 1. :lol: That places the Lithgow on temporary hold.
Cheers...
Con
Sako 22-250
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Post by Sako 22-250 »

Wood looks OK
Attachments
image.jpg
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

Sako 22-250 wrote:Wood looks OK
To my eye, it looks like Tikka's younger/poorer brother. But that could be the photo.

Mick
Sako 22-250
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Post by Sako 22-250 »

mick_762 wrote:
To my eye, it looks like Tikka's younger/poorer brother. But that could be the photo.

Mick
Nah their not that ugly :lol:

Ps I have a very accurate t3 varmint ....it did fall out of the ugly tree
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

Sako 22-250 wrote:
mick_762 wrote:

Mick
Nah their not that ugly :lol:

Ps I have a very accurate t3 varmint ....it did fall out of the ugly tree
Mark,
My Tikka T3 lite in .222 Rem is pretty handy too. Ugly as a hat full of ar $eholes but they sure can shoot well.