Icotec GC350 on its way!

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Re: Icotec GC350 on its way!

Post by Waldo »

The icotec should get a trot tomorrow, the young fella ended up landing a job with an immediate start so no time at home for him during the uni break :cry:

Anyway, with the young bloke away working it's up to me and Ziva to give this thing a try, I loaded up 20 rounds of .17Rem during the week so stay tuned hopefully I can add to the 2015 AV fox tally 8)

Cheers,
Waldo
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Watching and waiting mate. :D
Space Cadet
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Space Cadet »

Looking forward to it, Waldo.
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Got some gear partly packed to get a good start in the morning, got the 20 rounds for the .17Rem and chucked in 20 for the dirty thurty as back up just in case some of those varmints err on the larger side or are a bit tough to put down :lol:

Cheers,
Waldo
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Well not much to report, got up early and on the road in the dark and the fog. Driving in thru the SF there was a distinct absence of bunnies visible and that trend continued, the caller got a pretty decent workout but no foxes showed either :(

I was kinda hoping bunny numbers would have started to pick up since my last visit but going by this mornings effort they appear to have continued to diminish and the four I did see had no intention of presenting shot for the little .17.

On a more positive side I was happy I went as at least I now know that if the boy gets home for a break it's not worth while taking him there. Some quality time was spent dog training too, no substitute for in the field OB training. Yeh, pretty well I call every unsuccessful hunt dog training, I dog train a lot :roll:

Back to the icotec it works well, at first I thought the volume wasn't all that loud but then I realized I obviously had the speaker pointing away from me :oops: Some of the calls you could really hear echoing around the hills. Next mission for the icotec will be trying to lure that wild dog (or his mates) that I got on the trail camera a couple of weeks back, the owner of the property is justifiably keen to see him "dealt" with.

Cheers,
Waldo