Another batch of Brass

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Another batch of Brass

Post by adamjp »

Promised a bloke at work I would do a batch of brass for his new 6.5 SAUM. I say the stupidest things at times....

Two days later, 100 Norma cases are necked down (3 steps), expanded, trimmed to 2.010 inches, neck turned to a consistent 14.5 to 14.7 thousanths of an inch, ultrasonic cleaned (get oil and crap off them) and then annealed.
Cases in Annealer.jpg
Cases Annealed.jpg
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Re: Another batch of Brass

Post by Seddo »

good job. Annealing is something i have to have a go at soon, im finally getting through some brass a few times so i will look at it later in the year.
adamjp
.270 Winchester

Post by adamjp »

Hornady production 6.5 SAUM brass will be available in July/August. I reckon I could find a home for about 1000 of them between me and a few others.

It is quite a good cartridge.
Rigpig
Favourite Cartridge: 45-70

Post by Rigpig »

That's a neat little machine very consistent as well looking at the end product
adamjp
.270 Winchester

Post by adamjp »

Rigpig wrote:That's a neat little machine very consistent as well looking at the end product
It is still a prototype, but generally works well. More work needed on the feed mechanism, timing the two wheels is a PITA and I would like to mount the gas torch more effectively.

The last 20 or so took a bit of work as the gas bottle was running low and the flame started to diminish. That is why the colouration varies a bit more than it should. You could set a ruler by the first 50.