2 Stroke Oil in Diesel Fuel

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
bimbo
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 17HH

Re: 2 Stroke Oil in Diesel Fuel

Post by bimbo »

Cheaper option is to add auto tans fluid to your fuel. Can't remember if it bumps the sulphur content back up or just lubricates but might be another one to look into. I have an older diesel (1990 hilux) and every few tanks when i remember I run 50/50 mix of used veg oil and diesel and the engine runs noticeably quieter.

Your mileage may vary.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

bigfellascott wrote:
LoneRider wrote:i run woolies diesel mostly,but with a 92 ute you wouldnt know what was rattlin from all the other noises :roll: :wink:
:lol: drop a bit of 2 stroke in it and see if it helps :wink: the ratio that's been recommended is 200:1 so around 5mils per litre I think it works out too so 50lt would work out at 250ml of 2 Stroke oil.
Now how did I miss that ratio :shock:

That makes sense.
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 22.250

Post by bigfellascott »

Croaky wrote:Hey Scotty, don't know about diesel engines but I have a lot more willingness with a bit
of extra lube :wink: :lol: :lol:
Ya not the only one! :lol:
Rigpig
Favourite Cartridge: 45-70

Post by Rigpig »

I had remnants of 2 stroke in a Jerry can and used it for Diesel and it stuffed the fuel filter in 5 min mine is 2010 Toyota V8
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag

Post by bigfellascott »

Rigpig wrote:I had remnants of 2 stroke in a Jerry can and used it for Diesel and it stuffed the fuel filter in 5 min mine is 2010 Toyota V8
What 2 stroke petrol you mean? :shock:
Rigpig

Post by Rigpig »

I had 40:1 in the Jerry can it was empty so max would have been 50ml left in the bottom I didnt think it would matter in the slightest but when I put that Fuel in the car with in 5 min the filter light came on so my guess is a little amount of oil and fuel is shit for a fuel system. There are a lot of Aditives around that do everything you need. On an older car i don't think it would matter but the new cars wont like it.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

Your filter may have been just about stuffed and/or you had some rubbish in the bottom of your fuel can. Can't say for certain but fuel cans are known for having all sorts of rubbish in the bottom.
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag

Post by bigfellascott »

Rigpig wrote:I had 40:1 in the Jerry can it was empty so max would have been 50ml left in the bottom I didnt think it would matter in the slightest but when I put that Fuel in the car with in 5 min the filter light came on so my guess is a little amount of oil and fuel is shit for a fuel system. There are a lot of Aditives around that do everything you need. On an older car i don't think it would matter but the new cars wont like it.
It wouldn't have been the oil, more than likely the petrol or crap in the can I'd say that caused the issues - lucky you didn't damage something!
Rigpig

Post by Rigpig »

Could be rite. I was just not going to try it again.
Rigpig

Post by Rigpig »

My other thought was as well I really never run my car that empty might have scooped the bottom of the tank
Vermingone
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 243 ai

Post by Vermingone »

That amount of petrol shandied off in a tank of diesel won't hurt it.
Missus put $20 petrol into our empty GU diesel wagon and drove around the corner to home. Duh I siphoned it out and blended it with my ute tanks ( 165lts diesel ) no problems.
Like the other blokes said probably shit in the can.
Vermingone
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 243 ai

Post by Vermingone »

Rigpig wrote:My other thought was as well I really never run my car that empty might have scooped the bottom of the tank
Toyota's say in the manual not to let them go below 1/4 otherwise you'll have probs.
Rigpig

Post by Rigpig »

No shit if I left 1/4 of a tank in the 76 series I wouldn't make 300km It needs a long range tank just haven't got to that yet.
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag

Post by bigfellascott »

How often do you change your filters etc?
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

I was just rethinking this and the thought struck me: You should only be adding 2 stroke oil to the diesel NOT pre-mixed 2 stroke oil with petrol!

I know rigpig said it was only a small amount of 2 stroke (fuel) around 50ml. That shouldn't have hurt anything.