Scope for 22WMR

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Space Cadet
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Scope for 22WMR

Post by Space Cadet »

Raven,
I had a Monarch 3 in mind, but the deal I was after fell through. Where'd you find the 4-16x42 for $461? Very interested. Cheers.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Re: Scope for 22WMR

Post by The Raven »

Space Cadet wrote:Raven,
I had a Monarch 3 in mind, but the deal I was after fell through. Where'd you find the 4-16x42 for $461? Very interested. Cheers.
Found it here: http://www.dirtcheapcameras.com.au/niko ... tabs1-html

I'm thinking of getting one....once I get the OK to proceed with purchasing the rifle from Mrs Raven.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

The Raven wrote:

I'm thinking of getting one....once I get the OK to proceed with purchasing the rifle from Mrs Raven.

Oh My God, is there still someone out there who has to ask permission from their missus to get a new rifle, I thought they were an extinct species these days. :roll:
TexNAss
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 22/250

Re: Re: Scope for 22WMR

Post by TexNAss »

Camel wrote: Oh My God, is there still someone out there who has to ask permission from their missus to get a new rifle, I thought they were an extinct species these days. :roll:
He's the last one mate- go easy on him- dontcha know the women have killed all the other wussesImage

He hasn't realised why we all hide our guns in steel boxes for. Probably thinks it's to stop the burglers- just hiding them would do that. It's simply that women can't use angle grinders or oxy torches- and with "all guns look the same"- we all only own one gun.

Tex.
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Scope for 22WMR

Post by kickinback »

Anytime my missus says "oh, I haven't seen that gun before" I hit her with "yep, it's one of the boys. Just giving it the once over" ;)
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Camel wrote:
The Raven wrote:

Oh My God, is there still someone out there who has to ask permission from their missus to get a new rifle, I thought they were an extinct species these days. :roll:
I don't need permission, but it goes a alot smoother when you ask and have been seen saving some bucks. :lol:
screamer1
Favourite Cartridge: .222

Post by screamer1 »

I like the Luepold VX II 4×12×40 AO with a fine duplex reticle on my .22 Mags. This scope runs small in dimension so it doesn't bulk up the rifles lines and throw of it's balance like the larger more cumbersome scopes do. Also the ocular end is smaller, resulting in less interference from the bolt throw if your using a bolt action. This allows use of lower scope rings, bringing the cross hairs closer to the bores axis. With a low scope a better cheek weld on the stock is allowed, increasing accuracy. Good Hunting!
Rigpig
Favourite Cartridge: 45-70

Post by Rigpig »

Camel wrote:
The Raven wrote:

Better to ask for forgiveness than to ask permission.