5.6x57 development

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Re: 5.6x57 development

Post by Camel »

G'day Chris, welcome to our forum, hope you enjoy it, find some good info, and let us pick your brains in return.

This 5.7 seems to be a bit of a trouble child for those who have them, I guess there is a lot to work out with it, seeing as it was invented as a hunting round, and most Europeans don't reload, they weren't too worried about all the niceties of having a sub moa rifle.

What else ya got ??
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Re: 5.6x57 development

Post by Waldo »

celovic wrote:Hi Waldo

what I would like to do is get some factory loads to benchmark the hardware. (Steyr Model N)

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I'll be posting some results now that I know there is some one else with the patience of a saint.

Chris
G'day Chris,

If you want some factory rounds I have some factory FMJ's that I haven't pulled because for some reason the bloody case doesn't fit in my shell holders (tried 2 of them). You are welcome to them if you are heading south down near the Vic border.

I did swap around 100 konepoints factory rounds for new brass, pretty sure the guy I swapped with got rid of the ammo when he sold his rifle.

Not sure about the saint bit, just determined and it happened to be summer time so too hot to go deer hunting.

It is an intersting round, good to hear someone else is stuck with one :shock:

Cheers,
Waldo