Finished

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Re: Finished

Post by Camel »

Knackers wrote:
Agreed mate, I wish they had an internal mag, really would be the best of everything
Just my opinion, but isn't a detachable mag better for a hunting rifle? :wink:

That depends, on rifles with an internal mag with a hinged floor plate, it takes only a second or two to dump the contents in the event that you need to in a hurry, for some unknown reason.
It takes bugger all time to reload a magazine, and even in practice when Im culling pigs, goats etc it takes bugger all time to reload a full magazine. Really I think I could refill the magazine on my Zastavas, which take six cartridges, in the same time as it takes to remove a detachable magazine, grab another one and then insert it and get shooting again. Not many situations when the average punter needs more than 5 shots in a row.
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

Camel wrote:
Knackers wrote:
Agreed mate, I wish they had an internal mag, really would be the best of everything

That depends, on rifles with an internal mag with a hinged floor plate, it takes only a second or two to dump the contents in the event that you need to in a hurry, for some unknown reason.
It takes bugger all time to reload a magazine, and even in practice when Im culling pigs, goats etc it takes bugger all time to reload a full magazine. Really I think I could refill the magazine on my Zastavas, which take six cartridges, in the same time as it takes to remove a detachable magazine, grab another one and then insert it and get shooting again. Not many situations when the average punter needs more than 5 shots in a row.
What a load of bullshit. You'd get distracted, roll a smoke and them say "oh yeah, how's them pigs"
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

kickinback wrote:
Camel wrote:
Knackers wrote:

What a load of bullshit. You'd get distracted, roll a smoke and them say "oh yeah, how's them pigs"
You can add......drink a cup of coffee, drive and talk on the phone :lol: :lol:
B4408
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20VT

Post by B4408 »

Jacko9
Any chance of a few photos of the modified trigger guard from both sides?

Bruce
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

I would take it back. He put the bolt on the wrong side! :D

Other than that it looks flash.
Jacko9
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 6x45

Post by Jacko9 »

Bruce, sorry I've ben away from ausvarmint. No dramas mate, I'll sort it out after work and post some up as soon as I have them for you mate.

Cheers,
Jackson.