Finished

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Jacko9
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 6x45

Finished

Post by Jacko9 »

So, I was supposed to stay at uni this weekend and be a conscientious book worm, and study for my up coming yearlies, but come friday morning, I had hatched a plan to make a quick weekend trip home, for a multitude of reasons, one of which was the arrival of 3 PTA's with my name on them....

So I made the trip home, and got home just in time to help move some gear around, as we are still sowing a bit of rice.....

Once I did that, I raced into town, and picked up the remaining piece of my puzzle I had been looking forward to getting, the barreled action of my cz 527 custom! I have waited a long time for this so I was particularly keen to get it!

A quick run down of the rifle

-cz profile stainless maddco barrel finished at 23' with a 1-10 rate of twist, 223 match chamber - bead blasted
- set trigger set at 12oz and unset 2lb - crisp!
-bedded
-lips machined off the bottom metal to allow the use of 3 rd flush fitting mags
-action cerakoted armour black and microslicked
-Kahles helia C 2.5-10x50 scope, sitting in leupy rings, Ideally I would of liked to of mounted it a little lower, but this was as low as I could get after scouring the specs of the 30mm rings available...

Here are some pics I got of it together :boogie:

The scope was moved forward a little since these photos, as I do the load development and lay it over a few pigs and foxes, I will throw a few more photos up, thanks for looking :onya:

I must also thank Lee from Trentech Engineering, for doing a great job and putting up with me along the way, I recommend his work to anyone after some smithing done.

Cheers,
Jackson.
Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .20-222

Re: Finished

Post by Branxhunter »

Mate those flush fitting mags make the CZ527s look a whole lot better. Nicely put together.

Marcus
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Looks terrific Jacko, now you just need to rattle can the barrel black. Hwomuch are those three shot flush fit mags mate and where do you get them please. :wink:
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Looks nice Jacko, agree with Marcus about the flush magazine, the detachable magazine is one reason that I didn't want to use the CZ527 action for any of my builds. :D
Jacko9
.204 Ruger

Post by Jacko9 »

Branxhunter wrote:Mate those flush fitting mags make the CZ527s look a whole lot better. Nicely put together.

Marcus
Indeed they do mate, I like them a lot!
Knackers wrote:Looks terrific Jacko, now you just need to rattle can the barrel black. Hwomuch are those three shot flush fit mags mate and where do you get them please. :wink:
Hey mate, they came with the rifle. I think "James Calhoon" in the states does them, or that rvb precision dude, actually, check the cz usa website, cz527 m1 mags will work too once you modify the bottom metal.
Camel wrote:Looks nice Jacko, agree with Marcus about the flush magazine, the detachable magazine is one reason that I didn't want to use the CZ527 action for any of my builds. :D
Agreed mate, I wish they had an internal mag, really would be the best of everything
DMC
Favourite Cartridge: 6mm BR

Post by DMC »

Flush mags look Great + The bolt is on the right side !
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

I really like that the bottom metal looks just right.
Seems a bit strange to see a bloke going from a 5 to 3 shot mag when everyone else is going to lunch box 10 shots.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

MISSED wrote: lunch box 10 shots.
:spew: :spew:

Not a fan either of 10 shots hanging down or those 15 etc. Not sure I can run more then 3 in my 5 for my 5.7 MMJ. Might have to look into them.
DMC
Favourite Cartridge: 6mm BR

Post by DMC »

Jacko

If you get time a close up pick of the modified mag well would be great !
Jacko9
.204 Ruger

Post by Jacko9 »

DMC wrote:Flush mags look Great + The bolt is on the right side !
They do mate, another lefty, good to see :wink:
MISSED wrote:I really like that the bottom metal looks just right.
Seems a bit strange to see a bloke going from a 5 to 3 shot mag when everyone else is going to lunch box 10 shots.
Yeah mate, it is a bit strange, but I don't like the big mags protruding from rifles, they wreck the lines of them, half the time, this will just run a single shot adapter anyways, so a mag won't even be needed!
stinkitup wrote:
MISSED wrote: lunch box 10 shots.
:spew: :spew:

Not a fan either of 10 shots hanging down or those 15 etc. Not sure I can run more then 3 in my 5 for my 5.7 MMJ. Might have to look into them.
Much the same mate, I hate them, it's ugly and a hangover of the "tacticool" crowd more than anything....
DMC wrote:Jacko

If you get time a close up pick of the modified mag well would be great !
Mate, I am currently not at home, but I will get the old girl to bring them over when she comes, and I will grab some photos and do a bit of a writeup mate...
frakka
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 223 Rem

Post by frakka »

The flush bottom metal and three round mag is available through CZ, just get your lgs to order it. The single shot mag is available from Calhoun. The hex head action bolts are available through J&P Springs.
Jacko9
.204 Ruger

Post by Jacko9 »

frakka wrote:The flush bottom metal and three round mag is available through CZ, just get your lgs to order it. The single shot mag is available from Calhoun. The hex head action bolts are available through J&P Springs.
That right there is it fellas.
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Agreed mate, I wish they had an internal mag, really would be the best of everything
Just my opinion, but isn't a detachable mag better for a hunting rifle? :wink:
mn1863
.222 Remington

Post by mn1863 »

Knackers wrote:
I agree that a detachable mag can be better for a hunting rifle but only if you have a spare mag. Though for deer hunting in Vic with the requirement to have an unloaded rifle on public tracks it can be an advantage having the detachable mag.

After putting a heap of rounds through my rifle a couple of weeks back. I found the 3 shot mags were getting a bit painful by the end as they seemed to be both constantly empty and usually at the wrong time.

Jacko, how did Lee do the magazine release as doesn't it usually sit lower than the stock?
Jacko9
.204 Ruger

Post by Jacko9 »

Knackers wrote:
Maybe so mate, but I don't hunt, I only cull :stir:

I dunno, I have always liked internal mags, if it had one, I really do think it would be just the best small action rifle available, better than the little sako's even in my opinion.
mn1863 wrote:
Knackers wrote:
I agree that a detachable mag can be better for a hunting rifle but only if you have a spare mag. Though for deer hunting in Vic with the requirement to have an unloaded rifle on public tracks it can be an advantage having the detachable mag.

After putting a heap of rounds through my rifle a couple of weeks back. I found the 3 shot mags were getting a bit painful by the end as they seemed to be both constantly empty and usually at the wrong time.

Jacko, how did Lee do the magazine release as doesn't it usually sit lower than the stock?
I'll get a photo of it mate, it hasn't been changed by Lee as far as I know