220 Swift wanted

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
jaygee

220 Swift wanted

Post by jaygee »

Hey there,i have just joined up on AV.

My first post is because i reckoned this forum has the answers i have.

220 Swift?

Who manufactures this calibre in an AFFORDABLE price range.

Synthetic stocks?

Stainless?

Or does some one have a link to a second hand 220 Swift?

Thanks JG
HiWall
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: .25/06

Post by HiWall »

Hi Jaygee, welcome to AV mate.

Don't know where you are, but a call to Rebel Gunworks at Woolloongabba - 0733916744 - would probably be worthwhile mate. They had a Ruger 77 Mk1 (the tang safety, adjustable trigger one) Varminter in there not so long ago and also a Mk2 VT - the stainless/laminate with two stage trigger. Have often had the urge to get hold of a .220 Swift myself but have pretty much settled on the .22/250 Ackley as my pet varmint calibre.

I have no idea if they are still there though, it has been a couple of weeks since I was in there.

Good idea if you can put your location in your profile mate - makes it much easier to answer your questions - and may hook you up with a few local shooters as well.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

my normal smart arse reaction would be just buy a 204 but thats no way to say Hi to a new member :lol:

Post in the wanted ads here and on AHN.

Google for the manufacturers sites and check out what they list as available calibres.

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your search.
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

A mate of mine just bought one recently and he is quite impressed.
In the short term he bought a couple of factory packs of ammo to get a feel for the gun and eventually reload his own. He has found that pricing of factory ammo is extremely high from 30-50 bucks pack of 20. OUCH. :twisted:
So if your gunna buy a few packs just to get some cases etc while checking for rifles also check the ammo price for any bargins.
Goodluck!

Sharks
aim2please

Post by aim2please »

I dont know your price range but remington makes a .220 swift in one model heres the link

http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... _SF_II.asp
X WSSM

Post by X WSSM »

Check out
http://usedguns.com.au/used_rifles.html#cf243
about half way down
jaygee

Post by jaygee »

Thanks for the links,i did see the ruger myself and i was hoping that there may be more second hand links to view that i dont know about.

Will look up the Rems too.

Hiwall you know me ..work out the initials mate...think marine piling !
HiWall
Site Admin

Post by HiWall »

Hiwall you know me ..work out the initials mate...think marine piling !
Hi Mate, great to see you here, thanks for joining us - have been wondering where you had got too. I have been back in Aus since March, back with the ferry company but working down on the Bay this time. Much better place to be.
jaygee

Post by jaygee »

Well HW i see a few more of the regular "around the traps blokes" on here and figured that this is as good a place as any to get some good info.

As to the bloke that mentioned get a 204....ah ah no way i want something with some grunt and i want a Swift nothing else,done the 250 thing also,nice round too but i want to get back into a Swift,simple eh!
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

jaygee wrote:As to the bloke that mentioned get a 204....ah ah no way i want something with some grunt and i want a Swift nothing else,done the 250 thing also,nice round too but i want to get back into a Swift,simple eh!
I woulndt worry about trevort he has attachments to 204's that borders on unhealthy :lol: :lol: :lol:
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Dr G wrote:
jaygee wrote:As to the bloke that mentioned get a 204....ah ah no way i want something with some grunt and i want a Swift nothing else,done the 250 thing also,nice round too but i want to get back into a Swift,simple eh!
I woulndt worry about trevort he has attachments to 204's that borders on unhealthy :lol: :lol: :lol:

some might call it obsessive! I'm all excited as Pro Cal have the 50gn Bergers. PPC here we come!

Jaygee, sounds like you may be as attached to the Swift as I am to the 204. make sure you post some pics of rifle and targets (furry or paper, all good!) when you get it.
woob614271
17Rem
Favourite Cartridge: 17Rem, 22.250AI, 308

Post by woob614271 »

Good on ya Trevort; that would be my next rig..
and as for the 20 Swift, there's a2/H one advertised in the September Australian Shooters' Journal, Pp 80; http://www.noosashooters.com: $795.00 GC
jaygee

Post by jaygee »

I have done some 'furry red stuff " with 115 gr hp`s loaded in my 7mmRM,when you talk flat and hard hitting they do the job and buck the wind too.
jaygee

Post by jaygee »

I went into N shooters but couldnt find the swift
HiWall
Site Admin

Post by HiWall »

Yeh Jaygee, Sept Aussie Shooter Page 80 mate. Ruger M77 HB $795 - no more info than that so I guess it would be the MkI version. Ph 07 54477789