What Brand Reloading Dies Do You Use?

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.

What Brand Reloading Dies Do You Use?

RCBS
15%
Hornady
No votes
Lyman
No votes
Redding
31%
Forster
10%
Dillon
No votes
Lee
10%
Doesn't matter/multiple brands
33%

Total votes: 39

Waldo
.270 Winchester

Re: What Brand Reloading Dies Do You Use?

Post by Waldo »

TexNAss wrote:Simplex and a single set of RCBS here.

We're always looking for more Simplex dies Waldo :-o

Tex.
I had a bit of a peek while I was stuffing around in the shed this arvo, looks like I have a set of .17Rem and .222Rem in the old Simplex thread pattern (not sure what that is but different to your garden variety these days (I think one of them is missing a decapping pin IIRC).

Cheers,
Waldo
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by 220 »

Waldo wrote:
TexNAss wrote:Simplex and a single set of RCBS here.

We're always looking for more Simplex dies Waldo :-o

Tex.
I had a bit of a peek while I was stuffing around in the shed this arvo, looks like I have a set of .17Rem and .222Rem in the old Simplex thread pattern (not sure what that is but different to your garden variety these days (I think one of them is missing a decapping pin IIRC).

Cheers,
Waldo
If they are for the simplex turret presses they will be 5/8, simplex also made conventional sized 7/8 x 14 dies, I have a set.
Don't know if they are still readily available but you could buy a bushing to use the 5/8 dies in a 7/8 press, anyone with a lathe could quickly turn one up.
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

220 wrote: If they are for the simplex turret presses they will be 5/8, simplex also made conventional sized 7/8 x 14 dies, I have a set.
Don't know if they are still readily available but you could buy a bushing to use the 5/8 dies in a 7/8 press, anyone with a lathe could quickly turn one up.
No need, I replaced them all with Lee dies and off loaded the older Simplex press too.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Redding, Forster and RCBS (I hate the bloody thread thing sticking out of the top )