CG Mellenium

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
prodj1000@hotmail.com

CG Mellenium

Post by prodj1000@hotmail.com »

Just wondering if any one has ever heard of my target rifle. i am interested to know whether or not there are any full bore target rifle shooters amoun you all.
Anyway, at the moment i wont say much about how good it is, but was more interested in other peoples opinions.
mind you, it is state of the art.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

post in the shooting sports section
Mick
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 105mm

Post by Mick »

:lol:

Looks like a big call to make in a forum filled with BR shooters whos bare actions are worth more than complete FB rifles.
prodj1000@hotmail.com

2 things
1st is that i dont know how to post in a certain section and
2nd is that as a bare rifle is cost 6000 dollars, we dont use scopes nor no we use a rest. i've shot F-class and i can definately tell you which requires more skill.
The action was designed by robert Chombart, based on the RPA Action. Barrel is a Krieger 30 inch barrel, 1:13 rate twist, deap hole crowned, work done by Geoff Grenfell, who is one of the countries best shooters, and probably the best at fitting barrels. For those who dont know he won gold for the aussies in the games a few years back and still shoots toe to toe with James Corbett.
The action is bedded on a flexibed system with uses to rubber strips to absorbe vibrations as well as 3 bedding screws, all with the perfect amount of tention

Now i'm not saying that it would shoot better groups than a BR rifle, because that's not the case. a 7.62 cant. we use a 155gr seirra that drops off between 900-1000yards, where f-class use there own choice of calabier, some times a heavier projectile to carry velocity and a different rate of twist to account for the projectile

Both sport are hard and require alot of skill and the debate of which is harder will continue for many years

If your interested in any way about mor specs on the action just google CG Millenium

Cheers
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

show us your rifle
woob614271
17Rem
Favourite Cartridge: 17Rem, 22.250AI, 308

Post by woob614271 »

G'day and welcome prodgie, this is another interesting post, but there's a HEAP of interesting posts here; dig in and enjoy!
lefty

Post by lefty »

Hi guys ooh my first post, heres a link to the CG Millenium

Hmm i cant post a link ( not had 3 posts yet :) ) so youll have to copy the link

Doh! cant even put H T T P : / / in front of it should be able to just copy that into firefox anyway.

home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/hhe/frameenglish.htm
morerams
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by morerams »

Your Millenium action was designed by the same person as the RPA, he has designed several actions along similar lines and you will find him as a frequent poster on the Fullbore list forum.
woob614271
17Rem

Post by woob614271 »

Welcome aboard, lefty!
prodj1000@hotmail.com

i would love to put pictures of the bedding, action and rifle, but i dont know how to insert a picture. the old coppy and paste just doesn't cut it. the site that was given by lefty was not bad, the are others that really get into the specs for any people who know a thing or two, but it gets pretty complicated
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Aboard!

Post by a.JR »

e]
Last edited by a.JR on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 105mm

Post by Mick »

prodj1000@hotmail.com wrote:2 things
1st is that i dont know how to post in a certain section and
2nd is that as a bare rifle is cost 6000 dollars, we dont use scopes nor no we use a rest. i've shot F-class and i can definately tell you which requires more skill.
:lol:
prodj1000@hotmail.com

Actually, at the moment i am studdying scopes to decide whith one to invest in to attach to th millenium, because i want to see how it performs for bechrest up to 1000yrds, i would like to step out further to 1200 but will wait till i wear out my current barrel. put in a 32inch with a differnt twist and load 225gr seira.
i'm thinking of the night force nxs 8-32 because it offers plenty of moa will enough magnifacation i wasn't interested in the BR series, either that or a leapold m4 scope would be a cheaper option.
i still want to find out about ziess, swarski.
I am planning on having it on that rifle as will as being about to do a quick switch on to one of my varmiting rifles, also dont no much about the detachable mounts, i hear sako makes a high quality one for there trg models
woob614271
17Rem

Post by woob614271 »

Prodji, I'm biased, but go for the Nightforce NX 8-32, with the NP2DD reticle; it seems to be the scope of choice for LR work, and that reticle gives a great view of the center of the target.
morerams
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by morerams »

The TRG mount is far from cheap and specifically made to fit the TRG rifles, you would likely be better served by a Picatinny/Weaver style rail, especially if you want to swap the scope between rifles, it will also give you more choice in scope position and scope ring types & heights.