Hi everyone

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .20-222

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Branxhunter »

highcalibrehuntress wrote:GriMo is quite right, the safe does contain quite a few sako's. One of those foxes was shot with a Sako 85 .243 to test the new projectiles, the other three were with a Sako L579 .220 Swift.

I think I am in love.............

Marcus
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Hi everyone

Post by GriMo »

Marcus. I think you missed the bit about it being a .243 Win. It's almost a sin to ruin a sako by chambering it in such a mediocre, over rated cartridge.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

GriMo wrote:Marcus. I think you missed the bit about it being a .243 Win. It's almost a sin to ruin a sako by CHAMBERING it in such a mediocre over rated cartridge.

I'll get if for you this time Grimo............Damned auto correct. :evil: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You should know better than to not check you post before hitting the button :lol: :lol: :lol:
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Post by GriMo »

Camel wrote:
GriMo wrote:Marcus. I think you missed the bit about it being a .243 Win. It's almost a sin to ruin a sako by CHAMBERING it in such a mediocre over rated cartridge.

I'll get if for you this time Grimo............Damned auto correct. :evil: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You should know better than to not check you post before hitting the button :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dunno what your talking about old mate :P
highcalibrehuntress
Favourite Cartridge: .375

Post by highcalibrehuntress »

The cheque I got for my fox scalps rates the .243 GriMo ; ) but I am thinking an 85 Classic in 25-06 might be the way to go, just a little flatter but that goes on the list after the Lott and the 22-250 and after I get the .17 Rem up and running again, it's been on struggle street
Johnno67
Favourite Cartridge: 270

Post by Johnno67 »

Hi folks I'm new to this but was rather shocked to see that someone would consider a 243 in a Sako as a bad choice, 6mm rem would have been better?
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Johnno, dont know if you are winding us up by pretending NOT to know but the whole internet knows that the 243 (aka the POPE) is a way overrated cartridge and discerning shooters dont use it anymore.

Having had 3 I know this for a fact
Johnno67

Post by Johnno67 »

Perhaps I'm out of touch, it's not a barrel burner, brass is cheap, it's easy to load, enough punch to drop most things, without a big kick. Not being a smarty but am happy to be re-educated!
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

thats the joke.

The real 243 debates happen on AHN.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

Johnno67 wrote:Perhaps I'm out of touch, it's not a barrel burner, brass is cheap, it's easy to load, enough punch to drop most things, without a big kick. Not being a smarty but am happy to be re-educated!
Johnno, if you're happy with it, and it will put the projectile where you want it to be, there is no need for re-education.

There's plenty of debate about which rounds do which job best, but at the end of the day, if it's what you've got and it lets you do the job, then it's fine until you want something different.

Then again, maybe you shouldn't be listening to me........I've still got a 22wmr in the safe! :lol:

cheers, curan
Johnno67

Post by Johnno67 »

Mum,
Johnno67

Post by Johnno67 »

Mmmm, I'll try again!
not after a debate, I have a 243 Sako, and another in a 6mm rem Tikka, just wondered what cal is that much better for you blokes, my 22/250 puts them all in an inch at 400yds. I love it but the faster and flatter the harder on the barrel, yes?
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Johnno, don't sweat it too much mate, it started out as a bit of a tongue in cheek piss take years ago when every gun writer was saying some pretty outlandish things about how good the 243 was, I guess it just sort of kept on building up, but it is still a piss take after all. It will do the job it was intended to do as long as the person driving it does their thing and not try to use it out of place.

Welcome along, enjoy your stay and get involved, good bunch of blokes on here. :D
Johnno67

Post by Johnno67 »

Thanks mate, I keep the howitzer on hand, just for the big stuff, it can get a little costly for bunnies.
I think I'm gunna enjoy this place of banter!
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Bah the only good thing about a 243 is that it uses 6mm projectiles that should by the way be kept for the better 6mm cartridges such as the 6mm International,6/250,6XC,6SLR and probably the best of note the 6x47Lapua.

Now this 22/250 tell us more