what press are we all using

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Re: what press are we all using

Post by daisy »

Lyman cast single stage press & Super Simplex
Tezza
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Tezza »

Forster Co-ax and Ponsness and Warren 375 Duomatic
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

I'm using an RCBS Rock Chucker IV. I also have in my range box a Lee hand press. I use this more than the Rock Chucker. I now predominantly use inline dies and only use the press for the calibers that I do not have inline dies for.

I also have a Simplex press that I intend to set up-although I'm not overly confident that it will produce the concentricity and consistency that I require.
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 22.250

Post by bigfellascott »

Harb wrote:3 RCBS Ammo Masters for my Bigger Cals and 2 Rock chuckers for the other stuff....... Plus a couple of Hornady's up the other end :)

I see ya got it all set up Harb, looks fantastic mate! I like the wall of safes that go with all that reloading gear, awesome sight! :lol:
Harb
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 204

Post by Harb »

bigfellascott wrote:
Harb wrote:3 RCBS Ammo Masters for my Bigger Cals and 2 Rock chuckers for the other stuff....... Plus a couple of Hornady's up the other end :)

I see ya got it all set up Harb, looks fantastic mate! I like the wall of safes that go with all that reloading gear, awesome sight! :lol:
Yeah it was getting a bit much running on Factory ammo mate......as you know $20 a shot is stupid when I can reload for half that.
Anyway its near finished......just go to move it into the warehouse, which will happen the week.....saves doubling up on the security system, although it has its own, but not as comprehensive as the other building.
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag

Post by bigfellascott »

Harb wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:

Yeah it was getting a bit much running on Factory ammo mate......as you know $20 a shot is stupid when I can reload for half that.
Anyway its near finished......just go to move it into the warehouse, which will happen the week.....saves doubling up on the security system, although it has its own, but not as comprehensive as the other building.
That's a bummer having to move it mate, would have been handy being able to walk outside and into the man cave and get into reloading, I understand why though, lot of $$ tied up there and definitely better to be safe than sorry. So how'd ya go at Lue?
Harb
.22 WMR

Post by Harb »

Yeah good mate.......got to shoot all the big cals with the test loads.....pretty happy, shame it was only for the day....or half day by the time we set up and then packed down......but we achieved what we set out to do.
looking forward to going somewhere for a longer stint...... will let you know and see if you want to come along
Croaky
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 22/250

Post by Croaky »

Redding O frame, Simplex turret that Iv'e had since jesus played full back for jerusalum.
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag

Post by bigfellascott »

Harb wrote:Yeah good mate.......got to shoot all the big cals with the test loads.....pretty happy, shame it was only for the day....or half day by the time we set up and then packed down......but we achieved what we set out to do.
looking forward to going somewhere for a longer stint...... will let you know and see if you want to come along
I would have come out except I figured she'd be bloody hot there so thought better of it! :lol: I don't run real well in the heat as you could imagine (not much better in the cold either mind)! :lol:

Yeah mate anytime you want some company just give me a buzz and if I can do it I'll definitely be there.
crackers17
.243 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6mm dasher

Post by crackers17 »

Thanks everyone for your help.

Herb that's a very nice setup. .

What kind of projectile run out should I be going for. Or what are the better press to help stop runout.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Lee Classic Breech lock, had a classic cast for my big martini when I had it, they classic cast are a good press. No complaints.
Harb
.22 WMR

Post by Harb »

pressed the wrong quote....doohhhh
Last edited by Harb on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harb
.22 WMR

Post by Harb »

crackers17 wrote:Thanks everyone for your help.

Herb that's a very nice setup. .

What kind of projectile run out should I be going for. Or what are the better press to help stop runout.
If you are worried about runout, and you should be if you are going for ultimate accuracy, you need to buy Dies that have a "Follower".......
Its a little steel collar that drops to the bottom of the seating die, and aligns the projectile as you cycle the press and follows the projectile and keeps it properly aligned as the bullet is seated........companies like Hornady make such dies.......have a look around for others....sure they would as well.
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

Classic Cast bought for $135 a few years back. Lost my Lee handpress which was also damn handy. Owned RCBS in the past, all bar the Partner press I dont miss. I'd love to add a Lee Classic turret to my bench.
Cheers...
Con
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Con wrote:Classic Cast bought for $135 a few years back. Lost my Lee handpress which was also damn handy. Owned RCBS in the past, all bar the Partner press I dont miss. I'd love to add a Lee Classic turret to my bench.
Cheers...
Con
I've been thinking the same thing about the lee turret too Con.