My 223, 260, and 22lr

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Puddles
Favourite Cartridge: 17hmr

Re: My 223, 260, and 22lr

Post by Puddles »

Patronizing much Ozeboy?
Jacko9
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 6x45

Post by Jacko9 »

All I can say is wow you fellas are gentle, if this was AHN he would of been flamed senseless by now :lol:
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

DSD wrote:I meant the original which is now gone
Bugger......I missed the original.

But the explanation for removal is still good :D

I've occassionally had the same problem, but happily have hit the "cancel" button instead of the "submit" one.
Glenn
375 Cheytac
Favourite Cartridge: 300WM

Post by Glenn »

Curan you are not alone!

Glenn
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Yes the post was along the lines of traveling far to procreate including references to self induced orgasms

And it wasnt directed at AI :wink:
Last edited by trevort on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ned Kelly
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by Ned Kelly »

G'day all,
just a few points, my Friend Bill Hallam was making some of the finest BR bullets around in the late 90's and he said you need to spend 12 hours cranking presses to make 1000 bullets, another friend on the Aussie team at the WBC in Silverdale at the moment (G'day Nev) reckons he's about right and my mate makes his own bullets that got him into the Australian Team (Go Nev!)
Making your own bullets is purely for your own satisfaction; me I'd rather buy bullets from a thoroughly professional maker, it pays off on the target (paper or fur).
Now as many know and I can vouch for AI, his gear is quality, he is an excellent shooter of paper or fur, he has been witnessed on the range and in the field regularly, he is the real deal.
Ozeboy, if you are who I think you are and are located in QLD, you helped me out with K&M products in the 90's and some custom bullets for my 22-250 and 6ppc, you make great bullets and I think you have helped Nev get started in bullet making.
What I see here is two very experienced exponents in each of their chosen fields thinking less of each other.
Please both of you take a deep breath and accept each others achievements without it becoming a pissing competition.
We ALL want to hear the good oil, you BOTH have it based on experience of what works and what fails.
There are too few like yourselves on the internet and this is WHY THIS FORUM ROCKS!
Have we had that deep breath yet?
Food for thought: save the energy for fighting pollies, not each other.
PS I've had a few drinkie poos! :lol:
Cheerio Ned
Jacko9
.204 Ruger

Post by Jacko9 »

Ned Kelly wrote:G'day all,
just a few points, my Friend Bill Hallam was making some of the finest BR bullets around in the late 90's and he said you need to spend 12 hours cranking presses to make 1000 bullets, another friend on the Aussie team at the WBC in Silverdale at the moment (G'day Nev) reckons he's about right and my mate makes his own bullets that got him into the Australian Team (Go Nev!)
Making your own bullets is purely for your own satisfaction; me I'd rather buy bullets from a thoroughly professional maker, it pays off on the target (paper or fur).
Now as many know and I can vouch for AI, his gear is quality, he is an excellent shooter of paper or fur, he has been witnessed on the range and in the field regularly, he is the real deal.
Ozeboy, if you are who I think you are and are located in QLD, you helped me out with K&M products in the 90's and some custom bullets for my 22-250 and 6ppc, you make great bullets and I think you have helped Nev get started in bullet making.
What I see here is two very experienced exponents in each of their chosen fields thinking less of each other.
Please both of you take a deep breath and accept each others achievements without it becoming a pissing competition.
We ALL want to hear the good oil, you BOTH have it based on experience of what works and what fails.
There are too few like yourselves on the internet and this is WHY THIS FORUM ROCKS!
Have we had that deep breath yet?
Food for thought: save the energy for fighting pollies, not each other.
PS I've had a few drinkie poos! :lol:
Cheerio Ned
That makes two of us :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSD
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by DSD »

Will you be removing your post when sober?
Jacko9
.204 Ruger

Post by Jacko9 »

I didn't do enough posting, I don't think Ned should, it's top shelf. :lol:

Sorry boys, when you can't drive and you get asked out for dinner, you make the most of it :lol:
Glenn
375 Cheytac
Favourite Cartridge: 300WM

Post by Glenn »

Ned I did not see Ackley Improved attack anyone!

Ozeboy is the one with the superiority complex.

Why do target shooters treat field shooters (that can shoot) with such contempt and think that they can't shoot at all!

Ned I agree that they have a wealth of knowledge but from what I have seen only one has anything to offer.

I have been to ONE BR shoot, never again!

Glenn
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Post by Ackley Improved »

This thread is great! :mrgreen:
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Ackley Improved wrote:This thread is great! :mrgreen:

And its all your fault. :twisted: :P :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

Ackley Improved wrote:This thread is great! :mrgreen:
Hey Keith, the new emoticon won't go big enough for this post!
:stir:
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

Ackley Improved wrote:
Ozeboy wrote:
If you want to consistently body shoot foxes out to 1000 yards like the F Class guys here's how it is done.
At a measured 1000Yard distance set up rifle with front rest and sandbags and zero the rifle for correct point of impact. Then walk back to the tree at 1000 yards placing a flag at each 50 yard interval. Tie the fox up to the tree and walk back to the firing point and shoot the fox. I could call it F Class Fox shooting. Think you can now see the similarity between the F Class guys and the fox shooting scenario above.
I have also shot 500m Fly off bipod, field rear bag, 25X scope, and scored over 200,
Yep, that's how I roll ;). Ohhhhhh and I have fun too. (Don't forget this very important last step or you could be seen as a miserable prick)
Ozeboy
Favourite Cartridge: 22PPC

Post by Ozeboy »

Sorry to upset a few guys and be tagged with having a superiority complex.
I agree with the unfriendly atmosphere around benchrest competitions as your comment has been made by others numerous times before. Have only tried F Class shooting twice but found the target numbers too far away from the targets so didn't want to shoot on anyone else's target. A 32 power scope has a pretty small field of view. Also not having a vertical line on the targets creates error due to rifle cant. At the range I shot at they had wobbly leaning frames so targets were less than satisfactory. I remember when the Canadians introduced this new form of target shooting they considered suitable for old benchrest shooters. There's nothing easy shooting F Class so couldn't understand their comment.
Target shooting has definitely improved my field shooting through rifle development and knowing what wind conditions do to projectile point of impact. I really like shooting the 222Rem as hold over and allowing for wind is a challenge. Not to mention shooting up and down hill plus light changes My old buddy Ron M used to say "There are pointers and shooters" and no one ever liked to be called a pointer.