Necking down.

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
dan_351
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 260 soon

Re: Necking down.

Post by dan_351 »

JasonF wrote:Hang on Dan. You are seating projectiles with a washer and a piece of plastic tube and getting groups like that!?! Holy crap!
Haha as predicted the borrowed dies haven't proven so successful! and i only only had 20 highland 243 cases
MISSED wrote:wow

Do you have a patent on that set up
Works been slow so there is a server lack of Commonwealth EFTPOS rolls and they are just wound too tough to push them outta the full rolls so it's be a very slow custom order basic... Local people only as postage actually cost more then the items.

But seriously, i was they first time i had fitted rings and a scope... The bloke i bought the rifle from went missing (well moved interstate and changed his number) so i has to have something to do whilst waiting for him to surface and sent some brass and dies.

After the first thing i was satisfied it wasn't just a fluke was kinda bummed i didn't load up all 20
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

Dan I love ya work :) ,dont need no stiiiiiiiinkin seater die anyway.
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Necking down.

Post by kickinback »

Dan, you are running a 260 right? Can you double check your OAL please. I'm running a Tikka varmint in 260 and my OAL with a 140 gr Hornady is 72.6mm with the projectile .008" off the lands. Yours is 7mm longer than mine?
Happy jack
Favourite Cartridge: accurate ones

Post by Happy jack »

Looks suss to me.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

kickinback wrote:Dan, Can you double check your OAL please.. Yours is 7mm longer than mine?

Is it just me, or do the other members of this fine forum find it a little strange when two members start comparing lengths in open conversation. :lol: :lol: :twisted:
dan_351
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 260 soon

Post by dan_351 »

Camel wrote:
kickinback wrote:Dan, Can you double check your OAL please.. Yours is 7mm longer than mine?

Is it just me, or do the other members of this fine forum find it a little strange when two members start comparing lengths in open conversation. :lol: :lol: :twisted:
I'm Italian... might have somthing to do with it.... :lol:

I measure with a Sinclair Comparitor nut... I normally write that on anything i photo and measure... The seating is EXTREMELY deep (past the cannelure of a 123gn SST)... It was just were the tube put the bullet and it held.