Can't get enough scope adjustment

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Harb
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 204

Re: Can't get enough scope adjustment

Post by Harb »

birdnesta wrote:Can't swap the bases around , but I can swap the rings around . Good idea Harb , cheers

Yeah it can only really be that assuming there is no scope fault.....which would be rare.

Just make absolutely sure the recoil pin you ground down is definitely not riding on the top of the tapered dovetail on the receiver...... that has always been the issue any time I had a problem.......but yes, just swap the rings and see if that helps as well.

cheers
steven
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6ppc

Post by steven »

Just tap the pin up into the base...only needs to go up enough to let the base slide on easy.

Steve
birdnesta
Favourite Cartridge: 270

Post by birdnesta »

Good news , AS suggested by you guy's I have swapped the rings around and hey presto, problem solved ,I now have plenty of adjustment .Got to ask the question though , are the tolerances of these optilock rings up to scratch ? you would think there should be no difference in height between the rings ? other good news is that I managed to get the scope on and off 3 times without any dramas. thanks again for the help.
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

That's good news mate enjoy.
Ol 55
tripledeuce
Favourite Cartridge: 6ppc

Post by tripledeuce »

Good to hear you have it sorted, just to check its not one of the Zeiss scopes with zero stop is it? I had a similar problem when i mounted a new HD5 which had me scratching my head for a bit, turned out I was bottoming out on the zero stop pin which I didn't know they had.

I've had 4 sets of optilocks, no problems other than having to tap the recoil pin in every time.