Im now a stall holder at EPIC Farmers Markets in Canberra

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: Im now a stall holder at EPIC Farmers Markets in Canberr

Post by stinkitup »

Awesome stuff Camel

We visit the markets up out way Newcastle/Maitland. Not so much the farmers ones etc but their are usually good amounts of people.

What about "Hopping Chickens" :lol:

Rabbit Bloke sounds good, do you have cards to hand out so people can ring you to pre-order? Would just need your name, phone and email.

I def think you need something their people can taste, maybe a slow cooker with it in a stew or something, I haven't tasted it yet myself but will one day. But like others said nothing like the smell and if it tastes great your will convert people into eating it.

Ryan
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

JasonF wrote:
kjd wrote:Did you boys like your SKB Cases?
Yes thanks Keith.

Cheers, Jason.

It was bloody hard for the courier to hand them over Keith.Please let us know the next time you are having a sale on them as I will picking one up.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

stinkitup wrote:Awesome stuff Camel

We visit the markets up out way Newcastle/Maitland. Not so much the farmers ones etc but their are usually good amounts of people.

What about "Hopping Chickens" :lol:

Rabbit Bloke sounds good, do you have cards to hand out so people can ring you to pre-order? Would just need your name, phone and email.

I def think you need something their people can taste, maybe a slow cooker with it in a stew or something, I haven't tasted it yet myself but will one day. But like others said nothing like the smell and if it tastes great your will convert people into eating it.

Ryan
thanks mate,
Ill bloody give you hopping chickens, but then just imagine the drumsticks with a roo crossed with a chicken, :shock:

Did have some handouts with number, will be changing them to include email as well
Id be into having a pot of stew or cassarole going but I think Im not sposed to have food ready to eat there, will be checking it out as Im not too sure.
So how come you havent tried rabbit, get out there and support a good dinky die Aussie industry, ME :lol:
Am starting to think I like The Rabbit Bloke best, but am still open to any other suggestions.
Mark
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Will be down at the markets on saturday morning, drop in for a yarn, if you have a bit of free time. 8)
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

Hey Camel, great to see a bloke giving it a go.

As for marketing, I'd go all old school.

Call yourself "The Rabbit-Oh". You could even think about a costume or uniform that looks a bit depression era.

Then when things are slowing do, start singing out things like:

"Rabbitoooooooo!!!"
"Fresh Raaaaaaabbbbit!!!!"
"Tell ya' mother I've got fresh, lovely raaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiittttttttssssssssssssssssss"
"Lovely fresh underground mutton ready for the pot"

You will soon have 'em all looking and coming over for a look - you might even bring back a few memories for the older folks.

As a side note:
From 1915
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article86166776

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article74488775
and
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article74805130

Do a search for "Rabbit Oh" at http://trove.nla.gov.au There are so many articles on Rabbit-Oh's that aren't league mungo's!!

:)
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Thanks mate, have thought about a costume, dont quite know how they would accept a bloke in a playboy bunny outfit, :shock: but it might be worth a try. :twisted: Ill be checking out the links when I get back. :wink:
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Good luck with it mate!
Puddles
Favourite Cartridge: 17hmr

Post by Puddles »

Don't forget to use the word "Organic" in your promotional material, its getting more and more popular and consumers are looking for organic alternatives.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Puddles wrote:Don't forget to use the word "Organic" in your promotional material, its getting more and more popular and consumers are looking for organic alternatives.
Even though it is a crock of shit haha.

Still may as well use it for marketing as that is why it was created for.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Also I think a facebook page so we can all get on and support you, plus you can then put on links when you come to and from markets any specials and other stuff. When you give out a card have the link on it and that way customers can be kept up to date.

You could put recipe's and other stuff on it too.

Ryan
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Thanks fellas, cant use the word Organic eventhough they are, Im pretty sure that it has to be certified by the organic council or somesuch mob of fuckers that have patented or trademarked the word for use in advertising when talking about food stuffs. Havent looked into it much, but that is my understanding, would be very happy if someone can prove that Im wrong. More checking is needed into that sort of shit.

Facebook page is in the process of being done, but I dunnno how to do that shit, but have a mrs and two girls who use it and they are gunna teach the old dog some new stuff, knew I bought my mrs for some reason all those years ago. :twisted:

Lots of repeat customers who were very happy, have a couple of "foodie" type women who are going around all their yuppie friends and talking up rabbits, also or the Capitol region farmers market facebook page, they put up a picture of me there if anyone wants to look. Crowd was down due to the shitty weather, blowing a gale and felt like it was about minus 50 degrees, still made a bit of a quid, which is the aim. good to be back out west where you dont have to walk around like Michillen man trying to get warm.

Am looking into doing the Woden farmers market on the sunday morning as well, the other stall holders reckon that eventhough its a bit smaller, the mob are more interested in buying tucker, and handing over their cash, than walking around doing the tourist bit and sipping their lattes in the coffee stalls and being part of the "IN" set.

Catch yas later.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

A special thanks to Missed, called in and had a yarn and coffee on the way home, met missus missed and the missing mob, thanks again mate for your help. Only trouble is now I think, after seeing some of his toys, Ive got a long way to go. Nice gear mate. I was surprised, he really is quite a good bloke. :twisted:
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Camel wrote:A special thanks to Missed, called in and had a yarn and coffee on the way home, met missus missed and the missing mob, thanks again mate for your help. Only trouble is now I think, after seeing some of his toys, Ive got a long way to go. Nice gear mate. I was surprised, he really is quite a good bloke. :twisted:
Did I get your order right mate? (aside from the bloody 2208?)
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Yep, all good Keith, thanks, next market will be 16/3 if the other stuff is in by then will get M to pick it up, of not dont stress too much. Thanks
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Camel wrote:A special thanks to Missed, called in and had a yarn and coffee on the way home, met missus missed and the missing mob, thanks again mate for your help. Only trouble is now I think, after seeing some of his toys, Ive got a long way to go. Nice gear mate. I was surprised, he really is quite a good bloke. :twisted:

:oops: Thanks mate .............................................................................................I think.

You are the only bloke the Cooper has really taken to
The Mother in law was impressed with the rabbits it should keep her of my back for a while