6br Thoughts

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Engnir
Favourite Cartridge: 270Win

Re: 6br Thoughts

Post by Engnir »

Steve 2141 wrote:“After finding it near impossible to buy a second hand Remington 700 BDL short action”

Hi Engnir.

There’s one for sale on “Abused Guns”

Cheers

Yeah I know, but I'm not paying $850 bucks for it.
I'v had a chat with my gun smith who said you should be able to pick one up for around $600
Paying the $850 for a standard action, I might as well buy the pierce.
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Send an email to Pro Cal trading, Shane Clancy and other smiths that make up target rifles. They would know where to find donor actions.
Steve 2141
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by Steve 2141 »

Engnir

i know it's over priced, but money talks.

cheers
Engnir
Favourite Cartridge: 270Win

Post by Engnir »

Cheers fella's, I have enjoyed this discussion on the 6br
Brad Y wrote:Send an email to Pro Cal trading, Shane Clancy and other smiths that make up target rifles. They would know where to find donor actions.

I'v done all that, Shane could not help me.
Steve 2141 wrote:Engnir

i know it's over priced, but money talks.

cheers
Oakey Oil & Battery will not budge on that price, I have called them twice & e-mailed etc. They recon it's a the better older remmy 700 action.

I have just put my order in for the Savage Model 12 Long Range Precision in 243W. (SKU 19136 on Savage website)
Gunsmith say's he will get it to feed because Savage use the single stack Mag's which apparently feed the 6br better.
Rifle Cost $1450 + $300 for re-chamber & feed tweeks. Now just need a scope to suit, I'v been looking at the sightrons as an option to Ziess.

Because I'v got to be such a tight arse with this project, I hope the Savage lives up to it's reputation.

I'll keep everyone posted with pics etc.

Thanks once again

Dean
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Ive ordered an 8-32x56 1/8 click scope but apparently there are none in aus and its on back order. Thought I would do the right thing by the LGS.... might cancel it and do it from TOZ.

Missed has a couple of the sightron scopes and seems to rate them. Heard reports of people comparing the sightron SIII glass to nightforce BR series glass.

Im using weaver classic V 6-24x42's and cant fault them. One on a 20 practical and the other on a 308 f class gun. The repeatability of the one on the F class gun is making me wonder why I would buy another scope as its working fine.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

for fucks sake, why not read the for sale section. I am off to trade in a nearly new stainless 243 VLP with 50 shots down the tube for $900 tomorrow. You only have to beat the trade in price!