NSW IRB, Silverdale

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Tasco

Re: NSW IRB, Silverdale

Post by Tasco »

Mate I will be there this weekend.

I have a lot to make up for.

Rob
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

I aint no benchrest or serious competitive shooter compared to others, but when the sport starts declining because everyone is sick of egos and attitudes you lot can thank yourselves.
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Rinso,
That got a giggle out of me !!!
Well said mate .
Regards
Native
Peter Armstrong
Favourite Cartridge: 22

Post by Peter Armstrong »

steven wrote:Brett,

3rd place wasn't no factory Brno.

Consistency is the key to this game, not having a custom action or screwed action...if it were then you and your custom action rimfire mates wouldn't have got your arses kick in Brisbane in IRB by an Anschutz...young Mitch is the best Rimfire shooter in this country and has been for 2 years and will be for a lot longer because he is consistent...when the conditions get tough he will kick you so hard you wont want to come back...it's in the shooter as well as the rifle...you need both...not just a good rifle.

Steve
Guys,
I’m getting a good laugh from reading this thread.

Steven
I think I’ve proven over the last 5 years custom action work okay. My Hall has shot in 9 score nationals for 5 wins one 2nd and one 3rd throw in another 3 international medals its picked up and I’d say custom action work okay.

You’ll find all shooters do better at some ranges and no so at others and I think it would be impossible to say anyone is number 1 or who are the top 5 might be, it would just depend which range and what the conditions are like. At Silverdale neither Mitch’s nor my gun liked the conditions and we got our butt kicked, that happens.

The IRB national next Feb at Silverdale will be the 2nd qualifying match for the IRB world championships in Brisbane next May (if it goes ahead) and the trip to NZ in November so everyone will be bringing their A game and we’ll see who is King for a day after that, that is why we hold matches.

For the record over the last 2 years I’ve shoot against Mitch in maybe 6 score nationals and one international and he’s beaten me twice. When you sit at the bench in a big match what you have done in the past means nothing, its what you do at that point in time is all that counts and that is all I worry about.

Peter