Stuart Elliott's 266.6 fly record

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Ian D
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm jacko

Stuart Elliott's 266.6 fly record

Post by Ian D »

Congratulations to Stuart for his record shoot at Canberra.
I wish I could have been there to witness it!
Well done Stuart!

Regards,
Ian Davis
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Re: Stuart Elliott's 266.6 fly record

Post by Rinso »

Yes again Stuart congratulations .. A special effort in tricky conditions
Also congratualtions to all those who shot well and there were plenty trying to catch Stuart.

Special mention to Pro Cal and BRT for the continues sponsorship as well .. thanks for the support guys.
malcolm
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 35 Whelan

Post by malcolm »

Hey Rinso----------- a big Congrats to you, with the smallest group trophy. Well Done.
Cheers Malcolm
jimbo
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6 PPC

Post by jimbo »

A top effort mate.

That 80x March and 190gn Bergers sure showed them where the bear shat in the buckwheat today.
petevm

Post by petevm »

Brendan - Mmmm!!!! Interesting post. As I have already congratulated Stuart in person I do not have to repeat that. However it seems that he must have had the only decent March scope and the only decent box of Berger bullets (in his Heavy gun) as all other users of those products fell victim to a Light gun 6mm Dasher using a Nightforce scope and Copperhead bullets - setting a new LG record of 253.06 (vs 246.00) - up 7.06 points; compared to Stuart's increase of 5.02 on the previous HG record; and finishing 2nd overall. Brendan, perhaps it behoves you to wait a while for all the data to come to hand before posting what appears to be an advertorial for your mates' commercial products.
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Rinso »

Petevm,
Light gun 6mm Dasher using a Nightforce scope and Copperhead bullets - setting a new LG record of 253.06
A great result for you also Pete and again a great effort in the conditions which has been a bit overlooked.
Congratulations mate, well done.

ps
I tend to agree with the sentiment that a scope and bullet combination did not shoot the record for Stuart anymore than it did for you. Rather it was shooter skill and wind doping that made all the difference and you and Stuart have plenty of both.
tiger
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55AI

Post by tiger »

Hi Ian,
Stuart and Peter certainly both had a good day on Saturday, just a pity you weren't able to join us mate.

Hoping that you will be in excellent health and able to join is in Canberra in September.

As for the equipment in play, be it bullets, scopes, stocks, rests, whatever...

Don't you guys know, you just put a scope on top of a rifle and it reads the wind for you...just ask a fullbore shooter, they'll tell us that!

For the rest of us mere mortals who got smashed on Saturday, in what looked to be pretty good conditions, we just look on in wonder...

Cheers.

Dave Groves.
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Post by Ackley Improved »

jimbo wrote:A top effort mate.

That 80x March and 190gn Bergers sure showed them where the bear shat in the buckwheat today.
have to agree.. shameless plug...

Well done to Stuart and Pete....

Specially Pete.. go the Dasher.. "Red 7" I guess????

Whats this group measure Rinso?

Cheers
blowemup
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x47

Post by blowemup »

Top shooting from PVM & Stuart.... great to catch up with all the usual faces there as well.
BRT
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by BRT »

Thanks Ian and everybody.
It was a great shoot (as always). Scores in the last few years have really come along. The top 3 places were over 250 points this time but if I recall most of the top 12 were over 240.
I can remember the day (a fair while ago) when if you shot a target in the 50s it was a bonus. My goal this weekend was to shoot every target to score in the 50s so I am happy with that. Still not 100% happy with the tuning on my HG but that's another story.
Also very good shooting by Peter 2nd (also 1st in LG, new record) and for Annie 3rd. She is pissed she didn't beat me! :)

Winners come and go but the biggest congrats goes to the organisers who do this job for all of us voluntarily. From the match organiser, range officers, scorers and target crew a professional job.
I saw lots of happy faces. Not everyone comes to win but they all hope to have an enjoyable experience. I am sure that happened. 88 total entries and 69 individuals I think it was so it looks like the 500m Fly is on the move upwards again. Thanks guys

Stuart
Mick
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 105mm

Post by Mick »

BRT wrote:I saw lots of happy faces. Not everyone comes to win but they all hope to have an enjoyable experience. I am sure that happened.
A lot of that was due to the top notch prize pool that had been put up by the sponsors (BRT and Pro-Cal) for the lucky door prizes. A big thanks to both.
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Rinso »

Ackley Improved wrote:
jimbo wrote:A top effort mate.

have to agree.. shameless plug...

Well done to Stuart and Pete....

Specially Pete.. go the Dasher.. "Red 7" I guess????

Whats this group measure Rinso?

Cheers
Hey AI,

Its only a 1.5 inch nothing to brag about just happened to slip under a lot of other small groups. Now if I had been able to centre my groups on the target I might have bothered the scorers a little more.
petevm

Post by petevm »

AI got it right, Red 7 strikes again. Third time in the last four years that it has finished second overall!! Seems a win is beyond it now as it is getting a bit worn out with something like 2,000 rounds thru it.
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Post by Ackley Improved »

petevm wrote:AI got it right, Red 7 strikes again. Third time in the last four years that it has finished second overall!! Seems a win is beyond it now as it is getting a bit worn out with something like 2,000 rounds thru it.
I think that rifle needs to be mounted up on a nice bit of timber and put on display once its life is done.

For a rifle that was slapped together to run in club matches.... got to be happy with the results!!!

Cheers
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Post by a.JR »

, Hi pete , Awesome effort on the Light gun Record , Aussie Home built gun , Aussie Bullets and gear .. Your chest should be out that far that ya have to walk through the door sideways .. Reckon you might give that Soty overall score a nudge too .. On ya ..JR..Jeff Rogers..............ps congrats to Ken M for those little 103 gems also , whens the 30s coming ............................................a Light gun 6mm Dasher using a Nightforce scope and Copperhead bullets - setting a new LG record of 253.06 (vs 246.00) - up 7.06 points