204 Bullets and Brass etc

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Re: 204 Bullets and Brass etc

Post by Brad Y »

No worries the hornady brass should be fine. If you want the best from it get a primer pocket uniform tool and flash hole deburr tool. Reloader 10x is a great powder.

Another thing to do is seat a bullet in a piece of brass and get an accurate measurement of the neck with a micrometer. Take one thou off that and you get the size bushing that you will need
spooler
Favourite Cartridge: 243

Post by spooler »

Brad Y wrote:Another thing to do is seat a bullet in a piece of brass and get an accurate measurement of the neck with a micrometer. Take one thou off that and you get the size bushing that you will need
Hmmmm..... That may be a little difficult since I don't have any brass or projectiles yet :lol: I suppose if I get the bushing dies I can always order a different bushing if needed afterwards.

The hornady brass shouldn't need a lot of flash hole deburring but am going to get one anyway and I have a primer pocket uniformer by Lyman in Large so just need to order the small cutter. :o
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Post by jeffk »

spooler wrote:The hornady brass shouldn't need a lot of flash hole deburring but am going to get one anyway and I have a primer pocket uniformer by Lyman in Large so just need to order the small cutter. :o
Depends if the flash hole is punched like Rem and Win, or drilled like Lapua and Nosler.
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

If your buying the hornady 40 gr factory ammo just measure the neck on those. A few of us have different size bushing that should be close. You can borrow mine while I'm away and see if it works.