I'm trouble - don't read

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
deadkelly
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: I'm trouble - don't read

Post by deadkelly »

MISSED wrote:plowboy I don`t think it is so much a retailers profit gouging that is the issue.A lot of shops run on 15% or even less on some articles and quiet possibly importers are even less .My bitch is the restriction of free trade if I choose to buy locally or OS that is my choice and I should have the right to take the risk of warranty issues lost shipments or misrepresented goods.
but a lot of shops are running on a lot more then 15 % also + ass hole service & just plain lazy . it seems loyalty don't count for much these day's to some . shop around & stick to the guy's that bend over backwards for ya .
or get on a US site MAKE FRIENDS have a bit of faith & get overseas mates to send it over for ya :wink: .
i've got a few mates in the usa & canada & there more than happy to help out . same with car parts , harleys ect we get sharfted over here . i get stuff landed on my door in 4-6 day from the usa , if ya order from ya lgs expect months . cheers .
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

Thanks a lot for this post. :evil:
I just ordered a 6.5-20x 44mm Side Focus Target Dot Item #: Vortex Viper Rifle Scope 30mm with the bino deal. I don't really need either but the tax return money was just sitting there. :mrgreen:

Daisy
Richta
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by Richta »

Just put a massive order through including a couple of sets of warne rings and bases :( you can scratch them off the list.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot ship any Warne products outside of the United States due to restrictions imposed by our manufacturer. The manufacturer has specified that United States dealers should not sell internationally to protect business rights of International dealers.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

please dont tell me the local importer is the same one............
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

trevort wrote:please dont tell me the local importer is the same one............
Yup, Loopy and Warne come to Oz through the same importer.

Who'd have guessed? :roll:
daisy
.308 Winchester

Post by daisy »

Looks like it didn't hang around customs too long

Your item cleared customs in AUSTRALIA at 1:20 pm on September 06, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Out of Foreign Customs, September 06, 2010, 1:20 pm, AUSTRALIA
Bullet Into Foreign Customs, September 06, 2010, 1:15 pm, AUSTRALIA
Bullet Arrived Abroad, September 06, 2010, 1:15 pm, AUSTRALIA
Bullet International Dispatch, September 02, 2010, 12:59 pm, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099
Bullet Arrival
Bullet Shipment Accepted, September 01, 2010, 9:58 am, NEW YORK, NY 10022
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 31, 2010
daisy
.308 Winchester

Post by daisy »

Scope & Binos arrived today 8 Sept after ordered on the 31 Aug. Total paid was $478.14 all up.

Very happy with the Viper 6.5-20 44 and the Binos and the service was great.

Daisy
spooler
Favourite Cartridge: 243

Post by spooler »

Hey fella's, I'm about to fire of and get one of these but a few questions first. It will be mounted on a Savage Model 12 VLP DBM in 204 Ruger. It's obvious I'll get the 6.5-20 but will the 50mm objective be fine on the savage or sit to high?? The 44 is an option but not sure what the advantages are of the 50.

Also, what reticle is most popular? I was going to get the BDC to help me work out my holdovers for extended ranges (getting the 204 for some long range crow/rabbit popping so out to 400 yards... maybe more if I can make the shots!)
I have heard a few people say the BDC reticle is a bit thick but can't really tell on the internet.....

Cheers!
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

deadkelly wrote:... but a lot of shops are running on a lot more then 15 % also + ass hole service & just plain lazy . it seems loyalty don't count for much these day's to some . shop around & stick to the guy's that bend over backwards for ya .
To be fair though I bought a Vortex Viper scope from Antony several year ago, not long after he started the company. The service was faultless, basically he couldnt have been better to deal with. I have no idea what the current importer is like but Antony was great.

Dr G