fishing tip

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
Marco
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 7.62x39

fishing tip

Post by Marco »

hey country slickers ....... i'll be very suprised if ya dont know this showen to me by the Yass Fishing Club.

shoot 2 rabbits, pref in the head with a .22lr subby ( you want the head to remain on its neck so no .17m2 or 17hmr) then tie a length of rope around its neck then tie the other end on a overhanging branch ( over water, lake or river...... still water is better) on a willow or similar tree, a tree that the rabbit cant be easy for another fisho to see

while hanging off the tree make slice down its guts malke sure you slice the innards
good proper, remember the spot, come back in a week and a half READY to fish with the maggots you have collected with the second rabbit ...... a few days latter you should have a carcass full of fat maggots ( now the smelly part ) scoop out the maggots and put them in a container of powdered milk and after a few days of eating powdered milk they wont stink anymore! just in time to go fishing( store maggots in the bottom of the beer fridge and they wont turn into blow flies they'll go dormant).

and im sure if you approach the tree with caution you will see the fish fighting over the maggots...... chuck a few mggots on a hook and a small handfull under the rabbit to make the fish compete for the bait & it wont be more than a few seconds
till you catch a fish or more......... good luck!

oh one more thing dont do a gut shot on the rabbits because the shot up gut bag
isn't what you want, remember its the smelly guts and shit that attracts blow flys and when the maggot start dropping into the water in come the fish, works on carp too!
Marco
.204 Ruger

Re: fishing tip

Post by Marco »

looks like no one new about this one....... :shock:

or was it " country slickers bit?
Last edited by Marco on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrewk
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 222rem

Post by andrewk »

alot of bloody effort i reckon. i'll stick to shooting the rabbits :lol:
Marco
.204 Ruger

Post by Marco »

ok then if you show me a better way of continuous berley or bait trail 24/7 over a perod of a week or two

im all ears! 8)
andrewk
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 222rem

Post by andrewk »

buy fish from the market :mrgreen: and go shooting instead :lol:
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

I have heard of that years ago. Just remember in cold weather put the maggots behind your bottom lip for a little while before putting them on the hook. It will warm them up and make them more lively .

daisy
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

daisy wrote:I have heard of that years ago. Just remember in cold weather put the maggots behind your bottom lip for a little while before putting them on the hook. It will warm them up and make them more lively .

daisy
Mmmmm you can forget that haha.